Reunion of the Blue and the Gray, 1899

NH Civil War Gal

Captain
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
I just found this ad in the Confederate Veteran, Volume 1899, Vol. 7 I thought it was very interesting that the GAR and SCV were working together to do reunions. AND especially the line about "Every soldier's grave made during the unfortunate Civil War is a tribute to American Valor." That I can agree with and honor.

REUNITED COUNTRY

No North No South
No East No West
Reunion OF THE Blue and Gray

AT EVANSVILLE IND 10 II 12 13 1899

UNDER THE AUSPICES 0F FARRAGUT POST GAR

Every soldiers grave made during the unfortunate civil war is a tribute to American valor.

PRESIDENT WM MoKlNLEY I feel that when one section extends the right of fellowship to the other it is the duty of the other to
grasp and hold it. GEN FITZHUGH LEE Northern and Southern Veterans of Civil GAR will meet in Evansville next October 10 13
for a Grand Jubilee and National Reunion Generals of both sides will there and thousands of Blue and Gray will be present.
War dramas drills military maneuvering and speeches will be accompanied marching soldiers, beating of drums, of musketry and booming
of cannon. This will awaken the martial spirit and bring back to the veteran the impulse of youth, President McKinley and Lee are expected
to be present. Rates will be secured from railroads and steamboats. Make your preparations to be in Evansville that week. For particulars or
further information MORRIS Sec Blue and Gray Committee Tennessee Infantry CSA EVANSVILLE IND

Back