Retreat From Gettysburg 2017 Photo contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
Special Photo Contest! One Week only!

Rules:

1) Each Member Who was on the trip may submit one (1) photo.
2) The person submitting the photo must be the photographer.
3) Photo must have been taken during the Retreat From Gettysburg 2017 Trip
4) Photo must be Civil War subject matter.
5) Once a photo is submitted to this contest, it cannot be entered into any future contest.
6) All submissions must be entered by October 6th, 2017.
7) Winner will be chosen by membership vote. Voting will begin October 9th, 2017 and end October 12th, 2017.

To Enter:
1) Reply to this thread, and include your attached photo by using the "Upload a File" button, then select "full image".

Legal:
  • Users submitting photos to the forum for this contest will retain full rights to their photographs, including ownership, but through the act of submission will also grant to the CivilWarTalk.com a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute, and display the submitted photos.
  • Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they possess the right to submit a photo.
  • As always, CivilWarTalk reserves the right to delete any photos or content it deems as questionable or offensive.
  • All current forum Terms of Use apply to all contest entries.
What are you playing for:
  • Photo Featured on the Home Page!
  • Featured on CivilWarTalk Facebook page
  • Bragging rights!
*if you do not agree to these terms, do not enter a photo.

Last edited:
Thank you @ami !!!!

Respectfully,
William
War Between The States Flags.JPG

I've been enjoying the photos shared on the "After Action" thread and look forward to seeing the entries in this one. So I'm giving it a "bump" by starting with this:

One of three memorials at Gettysburg to Colonel (later breveted General) Strong Vincent.

Strong Vincent Monument.jpg

@ami, if the contest is open only to those who attended the phenomenal bus tour with @Eric Wittenberg (which I regret I had to miss) then please consider my submission a thread bump only. But if members who attended any of the weekend's other outstanding tours are also eligible, then may it please be considered a contest submission. Thank you!

View attachment 160095

Pennsylvania in the Morning

Displaying the Pennsylvania State Memorial at Gettysburg from a little distance. The picture was taken during a solo walk earlier in the week; so during the trip but some days before the official program began. Hope that's alright with the rules, @ami?

Looks like it was taken on a day when it was still warm, hazy and humid.

DSC05133.JPG

I was proud to have accidentally "stumbled across" and actually recognized this little-visited area of the battlefield as Powers Hill while en route to the gathering at the Reliance Mine Saloon on Thursday evening, so I just had to enter this shot from there looking east or northeast.

Last edited:
View attachment 160209
I was proud to have accidentally "stumbled across" and actually recognized this little-visited area of the battlefield as Powers Hill while en route to the gathering at Reliance Mine on Thursday evening, so I just had to enter this shot from there looking east or northeast.

My favorite place on the battlefield!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back