Rest Peacefully Chuck Paris, or as we knew him: KLSDAD

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
1626094629344.png

Ami and I are saddened to learn of the passing of one of forum members @KLSDAD on Thursday, July 8, 2021.

He joined our family in January 2009 and earned the rank of First Sergeant here at the forum. His obituary is linked below.
-----
Rest In Peace KLSDAD
-----

1626094432312.png

https://www.crandellfh.com/obituary...gBPFgpMcO3_IIziN3Uyq0G6KBp9-wCN-zWVwet1AMva6M

When we met Chuck at Chickamauga, I enjoyed him so much. He seemed so young and carefree in his shorts and flip flops. His voice, the cadence of his speech, the twinkle in his eye - made him super easy to talk to. And he just exuded kindness to everyone. I hate to hear of his passing. RIP Chuck

Our good friend @Buckeye Bill knew him better than any of the rest of us. All 3 of us arrived at Chattanooga/Ringgold on Wednesday before the official start of the Chickamauga Muster in 2018. The 3 of us spent the next day together touring CW sites in Chattanooga. We broke camp well before sun-up that Thursday and were on Orchard Knob at first light. Darkness and rain chased us off Lookout Mountain later that day. In between, we visited Chattanooga National Cemetery, Missionary Ridge, Brown's Ferry and Signal Point. Bill and I chatted this morning about Chuck's passing and that day at Chattanooga. That was one of the best days of my life. R.I.P. @KLSDAD aka Chuck.

2018-10-25 13.36.14.jpg

I just talked to Chuck on July 3rd. He seemed chipper and excited to spend the 4th holiday with family and friends. I logged onto Facebook this morning and I received one giant kick to the grapes. I still can believe he passed away. Life is so fragile....

Ironically, Facebook posted this memory to my wall. It was the last time I traveled with Chuck. He was a great friend and travel buddy. Death sucks!!!

20210712_070133.jpg

* Fort Sanders, Knoxville, Tennessee.

IMG_20181029_205050.jpg

Chuck made fairly regular trips to Missouri and looked me up on one such trip. We met for breakfast and I guided him around to some rather obscure local Civil War sites. That was the start of our friendship. There were other trips and other sites to see. Our friend @Booner joined us twice, but I'm sure they were already acquainted from the Chickamauga gathering. We also met Chuck in Kansas City for a tour of the National WWI Museum. He was a terrific guy and I really enjoyed knowing him.

Back