CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
1595744185271.jpeg

@Wallyfish

Sergeant Major · From Greensburg, Pa

Joined Nov 26, 2015

It is my duty to report that one of our own, Wally, has passed on and has left us behind as of Wednesday. He celebrates with all those who we’ve only studied, and probably has all the trivia answers now. Although we will miss him, we will remember him fondly!

Wally’s wife contacted one of our members to let them know about Wally, we wanted to pass the info along.

I'm so sorry to hear that! He was a bright spark here and I never knew he belonged to the American Battlefield Trust. If he ever posted anything but helpful or informative or genuinely interested content I never saw it. If we'll miss him I can't imagine what a hole he leaves in a family.

How kind in his wife to let us know. Thanks for sharing him with us for awhile Ma'am, and sincere condolences to you and your family. Much Peace to all of you.

I never had the chance to meet Wally in person, but he and I chatted here regularly, usually about something to do with Gettysburg. I know he felt strongly about the battlefield, and loved to be there. He told me not too long ago that he had had a sad diagnosis, and we spent some time time talking about how his love of Gettysburg and the Civil War gave him a sense of calm. He knew way more about Gettysburg than he let on, yet was constantly learning more. CWT was made better because of his knowledge and passion.

Simply put, I will miss him, but I know I will “see” him the next time I am on the battlefield. Godspeed, Wally. 😥

I'm shocked.
Wally has been a great friend here - I'm at a loss of words, I have been absolutely sure we would see him again playing Trivia with us in September.
My thoughts and prayers to his wife, who he loved a LOT. He repeatedly told me how much he loved and cherished her....
What a terrible, terrible year this 2020 is! It takes so much from us...
Farewell, Wally, you left your mark in our hearts!:bye:😪

So sad to hear this. It’s been a tough year. Made worse because we can’t gather to celebrate a life. Yes I know, there are ways to do it virtually, but it is not the same.

I lost a friend Tuesday. He was ok at lunch, went back to his apartment, and at the 4’oclock check he was gone. Very unexpected.

Tell those you cherish you love them, and have your ducks in a row for after you are gone. Which reminds me, I need to do my living will!

Wally's wife, Diane, notified me yesterday that Wally had passed. I had never met Wally in person, but maintained contact with him since he posted a couple of month ago that his cancer had returned. I could tell from his later replies that he was not doing well. I will miss him and his posts to the trivia board; his Gettysburg questions were great. Rest in Peace, compadre .......... Warbird43, out.

Back