Rest In Peace, Grandfather or as you knew him, @OldmanReb

Although he was only around for a brief time on this forum, he was sharper than everyone half his age.

I only had a few conversations with your Grandfather.
He was always very pleasant and knowledgeable about the topics he would discuss.

I offer my condolences to your family.
The sad thing is grandma has dementia and wakes up everyday thinking he is still their. 😢

I know.

I've experienced that myself with a few older relatives.

:frown:
Wow, your grandfather sounds like quite a character, and what a credit to his country. I hate to see this generation pass away but they have truly earned their reward, men like this.

edit: responding to wihistory buff and his late, great, grandfather.

Last edited:
Chiming in late here but us Wisconsinites got to stick together. So sorry for your trauma and loss. Be gentle with yourselves as you grieve.

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. He and I had conversations about moving to Southern Missouri/Norther Arkansas in one of his last posting.

I wish I had had the pleasure of meeting him in person.

I'm so very sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. He and I had conversations about moving to Southern Missouri/Norther Arkansas in one of his last posting.

I wish I had had the pleasure of meeting him in person.
Thank you for what you did. He had purchased a 1,000 ~ acre ranch up in northern Arkansas with your recommendation, you made him really happy. If only the realtor would’ve known that he had covid before passing it to my grandfather, we resold the last back to the realtor after he was released from the ICU on oxygen. Bless you for what you did, he would’ve loved Arkansas so much.

Thank you for what you did. He had purchased a 1,000 ~ acre ranch up in northern Arkansas with your recommendation, you made him really happy. If only the realtor would’ve known that he had covid before passing it to my grandfather, we resold the last back to the realtor after he was released from the ICU on oxygen. Bless you for what you did, he would’ve loved Arkansas so much.
Well, I don't think it was my recommendation, but more like I had confirmed his thinking.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. After he and I had exchanged a few thoughts, I came away with the idea that your grandfather was someone I would have liked to have met.

You and your family have all of my sympathy, and I think many folks on this forum would agree that we all have all lost a very fine gentlemen.

Back