Rest in Peace, Brass Napoleon

@FarawayFriend and @W. Richardson, thank you both for your contributions to this thread. Your posts are lovely tributes to a man that is missed by many CWT members. William, your comments were especially poignant. I aspire to be a friend to everyone on this site, but I know there are times when my posts have sounded harsh and reactionary. Thanks for reminding us (me) of what's truly important. I'm glad you're here! Things do indeed change, but we need folks who share their thoughts with love and respect. You can't ever get (or give) too much friendship and joy.

@FarawayFriend and @W. Richardson, thank you both for your contributions to this thread. Your posts are lovely tributes to a man that is missed by many CWT members. William, your comments were especially poignant. I aspire to be a friend to everyone on this site, but I know there are times when my posts have sounded harsh and reactionary. Thanks for reminding us (me) of what's truly important. I'm glad you're here! Things do indeed change, but we need folks who share their thoughts with love and respect. You can't ever get (or give) too much friendship and joy.

Eleanor,

Thank you for your kind words, but I am not without blame myself, as I have spoken harshly at times, been rude in a reply comment at times, and have been guilty of being sarcastic, all in the heat of "battle" but still inexcusable. All here are my family. This is a special place, a place that friendships can and will be made, but should never be a place where friendships end. We can battle all day long and well into the night, but we must not cross that line that when we leave here to go back into the real word, we must still be friends, and family.........................

Respectfully,
William

One nation, two countries

Confed-American Flag.jpg

Eleanor,

Thank you for your kind words, but I am not without blame myself, as I have spoken harshly at times, been rude in a reply comment at times, and have been guilty of being sarcastic, all in the heat of "battle" but still inexcusable. All here are my family. This is a special place, a place that friendships can and will be made, but should never be a place where friendships end. We can battle all day long and well into the night, but we must not cross that line that when we leave here to go back into the real word, we must still be friends, and family.........................

Respectfully,
William

View attachment 204170

There was an old saying when I was in the service.

"I'm not losing any money or any days off, so it's alright by me."

As one grows older you begin to have some perspective on what is truly important in life and what isn't it. It's not so much things one aquries but the people you meet along the way that are the most valuable.

With the friends we make here, we should all consider ourselves rich.

There was an old saying when I was in the service.

"I'm not losing any money or any days off, so it's alright by me."

As one grows older you begin to have some perspective on what is truly important in life and what isn't it. It's not so much things one aquries but the people you meet along the way that are the most valuable.

With the friends we make here, we should all consider ourselves rich.

UB,

You are, as most often than not, correct. With that statement I can agree with you %100 !!

Respectfully,
William

Confed-American Flag.jpg

I've just come on today after years away and came across one of BN's posts with the notation "fallen comrade' on it. My heart sank. I searched out this thread so I could say what a lovely man Ron was. He was everything I should have been in the days when I used to post regularly on here, often on the same threads as him, far fairer to opponents and always courteous. He used fact and clear argument beyond where my patience would run out. Far beyond it. I only wish I'd met him irl. Best to his family and friends even though this is so late.

I've just come on today after years away and came across one of BN's posts with the notation "fallen comrade' on it. My heart sank. I searched out this thread so I could say what a lovely man Ron was. He was everything I should have been in the days when I used to post regularly on here, often on the same threads as him, far fairer to opponents and always courteous. He used fact and clear argument beyond where my patience would run out. Far beyond it. I only wish I'd met him irl. Best to his family and friends even though this is so late.
From what I have read he must have been quiet a gentleman.

Back