Resources on Culp's Hill?

JeffBrooks

2nd Lieutenant
I want to learn more about the fighting on Culp's Hill. Assume, for the sake of argument, that my knowledge of the subject is rudimentary.

What are the best books, YouTube documentaries, online resources, etc., that I should take a look at?

Thanks in advance!

Another vote for Pfanz's book as being the best resource available. Other books I've read include ones by John Cox and John Archer. Worth reading if you can get them at decent prices, though not required in my opinion if you've read Pfanz.

There are at least a few good videos from Gettysburg Park Rangers and Licensed Battlefield Guides available on PCN. You'll need to subscribe ($35 a year I think).

I'd be interested to see what others recommend. Relative to other topics and locations at Gettysburg, Culp's Hill seems to be underrepresented.

The Palmer book is very good. Murray's is only about 60 pages, not much more than a pamphlet.
20210618_160920.jpg

Harry W. Pfanz's Gettysburg: Culp's Hill and Cemetery Hill is still the Bible in regards to that part of Gettysburg.

John Archer's Culp's Hill at Gettysburg: "The Mountain Trembled..." is also very good and the Kindle version is relatively inexpensive.

Ryan

Back