Residence of Jefferson Davis

Was the rebel flag officially banned?
It would be my surmise if this picture was taken in 1865 when the union troops occupied the city, they would have taken down any rebel flags or the confederates could have taken it with them when they left.

It would be my surmise if this picture was taken in 1865 when the union troops occupied the city, they would have taken down any rebel flags or the confederates could have taken it with them when they left.

That makes sense. But wouldn't they have raised the stars and stripes in its place? Not that it really matters. I'm just curious.

That makes sense. But wouldn't they have raised the stars and stripes in its place? Not that it really matters. I'm just curious.
I don't think over his house, but if it was used by an officer for a headquarters, they could have put one up after the picture was taken. If only we could time travel.:smile:

I don't think over his house, but if it was used by an officer for a headquarters, they could have put one up after the picture was taken. If only we could time travel.:smile:

I know. It's frustrating to try to piece things together.

Why can't we just go there and see for ourselves. If only we could :smile:

Back