GA Research Help Needed! Honoring The Fallen!

Bartow93

Cadet
Gents,

I am in the process of researching all of the Confederate and Union dead buried at Laurel Grove Cemetery (North) in Savannah, Georgia. I need YOUR help!

I have spent some 2.5 years of my service in the Air Force performing military funerals; Part of that was where it was my primary duty, others was an additional duty. During that time, I have come to an understanding that telling the story of the fallen's lives before and during their service keeps them alive in some way. I have carried several, and even some friends...it is beyond special.

There are nearly 2,000 Soldiers buried in Laurel Grove Cemetery, particularly in what has become known as "The Gettysburg Lot", both Confederate and Federal. The records are a mess, but I am working on going through each one and identifying them and their stories (photos, life, hometown, etc etc). The ultimate goal is, within the next year to two years, to publish a book/books that lists every Confederate and Federal soldier in Laurel Grove's Gettysburg and McClaws Lots.

My question is; Who would be willing to create a thread where I post the roster and we all work collectively to identify these men. Of course, whoever would would be expressly acknowledged in the book as a contributing researcher. There are approximately 2,000 buried there and a little less than half are identified. Let me know if you are willing to help, and I'll take your info down so I can create it!

Thank you all in advance for helping me honor these heroic dead of both sides.
Nick Cammaroto

To clarify the wording; This will be where all work collectively to research these men who are identified and also identify those who are partials.

For Example, Col Joseph Wasden of the 4th GA has a photo and a story about his life, death, and service. Include these in the book with a photo of his headstone

Back