Request

@shanniered
I actually colorized this photo a few weeks ago, it's been sitting in a file ever since. I thought you might be interested in it. It's not my best work by a long shot but the picture was pretty difficult to work since the beaches in SC tend to show up very foggy in photos if not taken in perfect lighting.
Expired Image Removed

Well, I have to say, all my requests have been answered on other threads! :D

There is a picture I saw some time ago - maybe somebody knows which one I mean and can find it - but it was a little girl who was a slave. She was white and had a really pretty dress on - but looking at her, I think she may have been Indian rather than black. She might have been five or so - but her eyes were very deep and soulful. Kind of thing that really sticks!

I would love to see one of Fort Fisher North Carolina colorized.
I did that one in my thread...

http://civilwartalk.com/threads/colorized-images-from-the-field.71878/page-12

i-V7ckMNd-X3.jpg

Just for fun I tried to do one of you guys request, Wild Bill Hickok. I actually enjoy coloring old photos. Maybe I could help out Zuzah on some of the requests.
Expired Image Removed

Its good for starters, face is to plush. Would really like to see Zuzah's version!

@shanniered
I actually colorized this photo a few weeks ago, it's been sitting in a file ever since. I thought you might be interested in it. It's not my best work by a long shot but the picture was pretty difficult to work since the beaches in SC tend to show up very foggy in photos if not taken in perfect lighting.

That is quite amazing actually, I couldn't have done that one better myself. perhaps use soft light for the uniforms if you aren't already, other than that color me impressed good sire.

Remember, if you wanna get some advice, Zack, just ask, you're doing a great job, but there are a few tips and tricks I actually covered in a YouTube video, if you can follow it (It's quite fast paced).

Remember, if you wanna get some advice, Zack, just ask, you're doing a great job, but there are a few tips and tricks I actually covered in a YouTube video, if you can follow it (It's quite fast paced).

Thanks! I appreciate the link. :thumbsup: That video actually did help me out a good bit, especially regarding complexion. I'll try to give Shotgun Willie's photo a try.

Thanks! I appreciate the link. :thumbsup: That video actually did help me out a good bit, especially regarding complexion. I'll try to give Shotgun Willie's photo a try.
It's why I made it, to help people.

If you ever need help, I'm not more than a private message away friend-o.

Well, after working with the image for awhile this is the result. The only thing I don't like is the house color, seems a little too bright.
Expired Image Removed
Jesus man, that's amazing.

A few corrections - take 20-30% off the dog opacity, move the color of the boots out of the red, and in to the browner area, and make the dirt a little browner, and maybe make the 2 wooden planks right by the dog a little down, and the horse is also littered with dirt from th bottom down, other than that, well-****ing-done my man.

Also the house is brilliant.

That's a wonderful picture! I have one of my grandfather standing by a beautiful draft horse on his ranch up Bogus. I'll try to find it. He's a full blood Indian but looks like a skinny Col Sanders! (From Kentucky, too.)

Back