1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Reproduction Swords: Makers & Sutlers Recommendations

Discussion in 'Sutlers Discussion Forum' started by Western Reserve Volunteer, Sep 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Western Reserve Volunteer

Western Reserve Volunteer Private

Not sure if this belongs here, and mods feel free to move/lock/delete this thread if it doesn’t, but I’m getting interested in buying a reproduction sword to add to my artillery impression...probably either a Model 1840 Light/Horse Artillery Saber or a Model 1832 Foot Artillery Sword. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what we’re the best sellers & makers of repros of these swords...been looking around and there seems to be a lot of places selling the exact same sword for various prices.

Also, tangentialy, I have heard there was a company out there making repros of Starr M1818 NCO swords, maybe a decade or more back, does anyone recall what company/person did that?

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. captaindrew

captaindrew 1st Lieutenant Trivia Game Winner

The Regimental Quartermaster out of Gettysburg is usually my first go to if I'm looking for something. I'm not really up on the sword market but I'd stay away from the cheap Indian reproductions.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)