Reproduction 1865 Spencer Rifle in general

BarryR

Corporal
Is it safe to assume that the modern reproduction 1865 Spencer's be it, Pedersoli, Cimarron, Chiappa are now ALL center-fire . No conversions are necessary..? Their websites are not specific...

Yes, they all are certerfire. Mostly chambered in 56-50, 45LC. Not sure if they are still doing 44-40 or Russian?

BarryR - Whether you buy the Spencer Rifle from Taylor's, Cimarron, Dixie, or anyone else, they are all made by one manufacturer, and that manufacturer is Chiappa.
J.

I was under the impression that David Pedersoli was a higher quality and actually was not built by Chiappa....Chiappa built in Brescia, Italy and Pedersoli built in Gardone, Italy...Are you sure...?

Yes, they are all made by Chiappa. Domestically, Larry Romano produces an exact copy but I think he may have stopped. An original may be converted over to centerfire using the originally referenced conversion block. Lots of aggravation can be spared going with a M1865 or later converted specimens that are chambered for the 56-50/56-52 and not the original 56-56.

Thanks all for the explanations....I am getting confused tho...(not hard)..Cass City forum and others imply Pedersoli is better hands down than Chiappa in regards to the Sharps 1859 Carbine in build quality....I was aware no Spencer by Pedersoli, which begs to ask, why not if all are made by Chiappa...Others have kits for Pedersoli rifles only, excluding Chiappa...Im genually looking for answers before plopping down 1500.00 bucks !! From Sassnet.

https://forums.sassnet.com/index.php?/topic/183632-pedersoli-vs-chiappa/

BarryR - You are confusing reproduction Sharps rifles and carbines with reproduction Spencer rifles and carbines. The Sharps reproductions made by Pedersoli are of very high quality, in both percussion and cartridge versions. The very best is Shiloh, which is a domestic product, but they have dropped all percussion models from their line and now only produce cartridge models. All orders to Shiloh are on a custom order basis. Again, all Italian reproduction Spencer rifles and carbines are made by Chiappa, regardless of which importer's name is on them.

poorjack - Yes, Romano makes a nice reproduction Spencer, but only on a custom order basis, as he carries no inventory. The problem IMHO is the cost, because you can buy three Chiappa reproductions, or two original, Spencer carbines, or rifles, for what he wants for one reproduction.
J.

BarryR - You are confusing reproduction Sharps rifles and carbines with reproduction Spencer rifles and carbines. The Sharps reproductions made by Pedersoli are of very high quality, in both percussion and cartridge versions. The very best is Shiloh, which is a domestic product, but they have dropped all percussion models from their line and now only produce cartridge models. All orders to Shiloh are on a custom order basis. Again, all Italian reproduction Spencer rifles and carbines are made by Chiappa, regardless of which importer's name is on them.

poorjack - Yes, Romano makes a nice reproduction Spencer, but only on a custom order basis, as he carries no inventory. The problem IMHO is the cost, because you can buy three Chiappa reproductions, or two original, Spencer carbines, or rifles, for what he wants for one reproduction.
J.

Thank You my friend....That settled it for me....Now its time to get off the fence...Its a Sharps....

Back