Repro Pietta Colt 1851 Navy .36 steel frame revolver

JPChurch

First Sergeant
These seem to be getting difficult to find. Same with the swagged round ball .375 lead bullets. Like what Hornaday offers in a box of 100. Cabela's has the cheapest price but has nothing in stock, including the round balls. Dixie Gun Works appears to have these pistols in stock but doesn't have the ammo for them. Is this all due to this pandemic stuff, or are online retailers scaling back on the sale of black powder weapons and ammo due to all of this social unrest in our nation? I may be looking in all the wrong places.

I plan to call Dixie tomorrow and see what they have to say. I'm interested in the RH0210 @ $265.00. 25 years ago they were $100 cheaper in price

Any feedback is welcomed

Italy got hit real hard with the pandemic, everything I've heard their factories have been closed, or near closed most of the year, decreasing the gun output a lot.

As for ammo there are places out there that still have it, but not guns a lot of times. S&S Firearms looks to have .375 Hornady round balls in stock.

Also October Country, Log Cabin Shop, and Treack of the Wolf all list roundballs in stock but price will be higher.

I found the .375 Hornadys at S&S. Should have gone with the Speers, cheaper in price per 100. I use the Speers in my Pietta Colt .44 Army. It's an old timer, about 25-30 years old now. Still a great shooter. I have to use .457's in it if I want the shave effect.

I use the .440 Hornadys with an .010 lubed patch with my Pedersoli .45 flintlock. Very accurate at 50+ yards after shaving down the front blade.

Dixie was out of both brands and the customer service rep had no idea when they would have them back in stock. They did have the Pietta I was looking for and it was in stock. Rep said all of the factories shut down production over in Italy for a few months around spring time. It may happen again.

DGW just got a new shipment in.

Back