Reprinting Gettysburg Official Records Volumes (v27, parts 1-3).

Militarybooks

Private
Official Vendor
IT IS OFFICIAL: WE ARE REPRINTING the Official Records volumes for Gettysburg (vol. 27, parts 1, 2, and 3).

Small limited run of about 300 sets, with some special goodies included for your support. We have already had 200 + preordered in just a couple days.

PRE-ORDER NOW (please only seriously interested folks. We are trying to set our print run).

EMAIL: [email protected]. Specify you want to reserve the Gettysburg OR SET.

CALL: After you send the email, call us at 916-941-6896 within the next few days to provide your credit card information. Remember, your card will NOT be charged at this time, and will only be charged once your order is here and ready to ship! We are your sole source provider. These will not be available on Amazon, or at a discount price.

* NO PAYMENT NEEDED NOW. *

You don't pay until the books are ready to ship (est. mid-August 2021).

TERMS: We understand if you would like to pay in three or four installments. No problem. No extra charge. Click the link for all the details.

50d2tt.jpg

This is a tough one for me. Even though it's preferable to have hard copy, it's hard to fork over the dollars when I already have each book as pdf files that I downloaded from the Cornell website.

This is a tough one for me. Even though it's preferable to have hard copy, it's hard to fork over the dollars when I already have each book as pdf files that I downloaded from the Cornell website.
I understand. Many don't want to be tied to a computer, and translating them into text files and the pdf often includes errors. Most people don't want to be tied to the computer and are also limited by the size of the screen they can use, so flipping through a nice book is much more preferable and tactile (if you are a tactile person--I am).

I am confident we will never go back and reprint them again, so this is likely about it. Roughly speaking, we had about 100 sets left today, and I think a dozen more orders came in, looking at the email list and judging the number of voicemails waiting. Let me know if you have any questions. -- Ted

I’ve said this elsewhere, but many years ago I relied on Cornell, and was typically frustrated trying to pull up specific reports. I’ve got the entire set on cd-rom, and I still get frustrated with search speeds. On a trip to GB probably 15 years ago now, I picked up the vol 27 set, and once I got the hard copies in my hands, my understanding of things took a quantum leap forward. My set is still in decent shape, but I pre-ordered with Savas Beatie anyway. It’s hard to see this opportunity coming up again.

I’ve said this elsewhere, but many years ago I relied on Cornell, and was typically frustrated trying to pull up specific reports. I’ve got the entire set on cd-rom, and I still get frustrated with search speeds. On a trip to GB probably 15 years ago now, I picked up the vol 27 set, and once I got the hard copies in my hands, my understanding of things took a quantum leap forward. My set is still in decent shape, but I pre-ordered with Savas Beatie anyway. It’s hard to see this opportunity coming up again.
I have pdf files for each volume, but they are not searchable. You have to use the index, just like you would if you had the printed version.

Understood. I would submit that reading the hard copies helps you remember the Order of Battle faster, which of course means less reliance on going back and forth to the index.
Good point. That's something that I never thought of, before. For myself, I've already learned the O of B a long time ago, at least to the brigade level.

UPDATE: TEN DAYS TO SET FINAL PRINT RUN. GETTYSBURG OFFICIAL RECORDS (3 vols). 290 of original 300 sets pre-sold.

* NO PAYMENT NEEDED NOW. *

You don't pay until the books are ready to ship (est. mid-August 2021). The Official Records volumes for Gettysburg (vol. 27, parts 1, 2, and 3). Small limited run of about 300 sets, with some special goodies included for your support (to be announced soon).

PRE-ORDER NOW (please only those seriously interested. We are trying to set our print run). Just $169.00... Few folks see each post so let them know by sharing this link....

EMAIL: [email protected]. Specify you want to reserve the Gettysburg OR SET. CALL: After you send the email, call us at 916-941-6896 within the next few days to provide your credit card information. We are your sole source provider.

These will not be available on Amazon, or at a lower price.

TERMS: We understand if you would like to pay in three or four installments. No problem. No extra charge. Click the link for all the details.

https://www.savasbeatie.com/the-get...l-27-part-1-3-pre-order-now/?ref=CivilWarTalk

5227qo.jpg

Back