Tell me more! Replacement reproduction stock Navy Arms 1863 Springfield

JMArguien

Cadet
Hello and thank you in advance!
I picked up the barrel, lock and all other necessary components to complete a Navy Arms 1863 Springfield. As per the previous owner the stock broke years ago and was not repairable, it was then discarded. I am hoping I can assemble the rifle for my son.
I have found new reproduction stocks at places like Dixie and Dunlop (Which require finishing) but I am also searching for used reproduction stocks.
My question:
Is it likely that a used 1861or 1863 stock from euro arms, Armi sport... etc will work (with some tweaking) for the barrel, lock and components that I have?
Thank you for your help!

The EoA and Armi Sport gunstock will not interchange with the Navy Arms (Miroku) hardware.
Thank you so much for information. Is it reasonable to assume that a used Miroku or NA stock would work (if I can find one) or is it likely more trouble than it is worth to attempt?

Craig is quite correct about the stocks not being interchangeable. I suspect your best bet would be a Dunlop stock but I don't know how much finishing would be required.
Thank you so much, any idea about the stocks the S&S Firearms are selling for $275 (currently out of stock...no pun)?

Hello and thank you in advance!
I picked up the barrel, lock and all other necessary components to complete a Navy Arms 1863 Springfield. As per the previous owner the stock broke years ago and was not repairable, it was then discarded. I am hoping I can assemble the rifle for my son.
I have found new reproduction stocks at places like Dixie and Dunlop (Which require finishing) but I am also searching for used reproduction stocks.
My question:
Is it likely that a used 1861or 1863 stock from euro arms, Armi sport... etc will work (with some tweaking) for the barrel, lock and components that I have?
Thank you for your help!
Give Paul Ackerman a shout at Ackerman Arms. He's a b/p gunsmith and has tons of parts for repro and original guns. If he doesn't have it he probably knows where to find it or get it for you. Good guy to know if you're looking for a used replica.

Just as a follow up. After contacting Lodgewood, Ackermann, and Zimmerman and pretty much being told what the gentleman on these feed had said, I ordered a Dunlap stock. I’ve been working on it a bit (not nearly finished) but the results are starting to come together.
E0B9C95C-BB68-41C0-89BD-FCCDF138F18E.jpeg
5AA6D577-0E4E-444F-9FD7-4AAF9DB67518.jpeg

I did the same thing with an 1861 Richmond musket build I'm working on. Reference material is vital to the outcome. gather as much as you can.

Back