Reminder - Gettysburg Battlewalks Streaming On PC

oldpete63

Sergeant Major
I believe this has been posted already - but as a reminder - starting tomorrow PCNTV (link below) will stream most of the battlewalks on the anniversary of the battle (some great stuff for the Gettysburg die-hards <<< moi). I actually buy a few of these each year on DVD, then use them on the field, etc. Below is the schedule in PDF format - PCNTV will start streaming most of these programs starting at 2PM on Sunday, July 1st, 2012. Their viewing schedule can be found on their site - from Sunday, July 1st - Wednesday, Juky 4th - Enjoy !!!!:

http://pcntv.com/test-watch-live-channel1/

Attachments

• 2012-Anniversary-Battlewalks.pdf
    158.5 KB · Views: 283
I believe this has been posted already - but as a reminder - starting tomorrow PCNTV (link below) will stream most of the battlewalks on the anniversary of the battle (some great stuff for the Gettysburg die-hards <<< moi). I actually buy a few of these each year on DVD, then use them on the field, etc. Below is the schedule in PDF format - PCNTV will start streaming most of these programs starting at 2PM on Sunday, July 1st, 2012. Their viewing schedule can be found on their site - from Sunday, July 1st - Wednesday, Juky 4th - Enjoy !!!!:

Hey what walks do you buy and where that sounds interesting...

Thanks. Yep,it's almost time for Harry to go lookin' for some shoes.

The Pennsylvania station has been doing a super job of all-day battle-walks! I'm sure most of you here are familiar with the names of the guides. All have been amazing, although one does his step-by-step at the top of his voice, must be really hard to pull off for a couple of hours, wow.

The section on Greene was awesome. When I was there a few weeks ago, I'd had that part beautifully explained by folks who were very conversant on that flank. This guide of course went extremely in-depth, left me with yet another Gettysburg hero to ponder.

I have every, single thing I can think of to do constructively around the house today ready to go to justify having the television on. Day 3 will be un-missable.

I've been catching them when I can the last two days. I saw the Greene's one also yesterday with John Heiser. I too will be around the house today getting ready for our 4th of July picnic tomorrow, so I can have them on as background!

I've also bought a bunch of the battlewalks over the years, like oldpete. Scott Hartwig's are my favorites, for his knowledge, his story telling, and he's very easy on the eyes, on top of it, IMHO! I haven't ever used them the way pete has, on the field, but I'll be going out to the Burg at the end of this month, so maybe I'll try it!

Greene's a new hero of mine, thanks to this forum- gosh the battlewalk did an amazing job with him. I've noticed also there's zero controversy attached with his part in the battle, or seemingly with any other part of his service as there always, always is with Chamberlain. I'd been told it was an equally important fight on the flank, and as tough-listened like a little girl to one of Granddad's stories when the guide was at it.

Lol, I could see who the guide was then, yes easy on the eyes, funny! I'm so new to figuring out how to get any information at all, it's very nice to get 'helpful hints' like taking these things with you. I can never name names on who is who- now at least know one to upload!

My 81 year old mother and I were glued to West Cav Field yesterday, after Pickett's Charge- they just kept it coming! Nice they kept the programming up for the 3 days. My husband ended up a tad weary of it, who could blame him poor guy- I could watch it alllll over again!

Greene's a new hero of mine, thanks to this forum- gosh the battlewalk did an amazing job with him. I've noticed also there's zero controversy attached with his part in the battle, or seemingly with any other part of his service as there always, always is with Chamberlain. I'd been told it was an equally important fight on the flank, and as tough-listened like a little girl to one of Granddad's stories when the guide was at it.

Lol, I could see who the guide was then, yes easy on the eyes, funny! I'm so new to figuring out how to get any information at all, it's very nice to get 'helpful hints' like taking these things with you. I can never name names on who is who- now at least know one to upload!

My 81 year old mother and I were glued to West Cav Field yesterday, after Pickett's Charge- they just kept it coming! Nice they kept the programming up for the 3 days. My husband ended up a tad weary of it, who could blame him poor guy- I could watch it alllll over again!

I watched Greene, and the West Cav Field one, too, among others. I could keep watching, but my husband, too got a little tired of them. I can always pop in one of the DVDs of past battlewalks I have if I need a fix! I usually do anyway in prep for my summertime trek to Gettysburg, which is coming up the last week of this month.

A little story about the battlewalks: I didn't go to church the Sunday before the 4th of July, but my husband did, and he told me the pastor, who is a CW and general history buff, asked him if we were watching the battlewalks on PCN. My husband knew what he was talking about, but told him I would be watching, not him. This Sunday, on the way out of the church, I shook the pastor's hand and asked, "So did you watch the battlewalks?" and he got this gleam in his eye and a big smile, and said, "I DVRed them, and filled the DVR completely up! Now I'm watching them one at a time!" It's nice to know your pastor is one the same wavelength as you!:D

That IS nice! I would have to imagine the Youth Group doesn't have far to go to fulfill it's various community service projects then, either! It would 'count', being from where you are! Our pastor would never give me a pass on the Gettysburg Battlewalk thing- he's from North Caroline, tends to refer to all the ruckus as 'The War of Northern Aggresion'. :smile: He's a little humourless on the subject, albeit a cery nice man.

I can relate too, having a pastor with a gleam in their eye. My Dad was a Lutheran minister and it sounds the same- a CW plus a solid history buff. My grandparents used to live very near Valley Forge- I think I knew allll about Washington's winter there before I knew all that much about Santa Claus. Plus, you know how pastors tend to work lines of scripture into sermons to prove a point? Nope. We got Generals, Grant mostly. I just thought it was part of the Lutheran theology. :smile: I used to suspect he really married my mother because she was related to a CW 'quatable', would come in handy. Wonder what it is with our pastors? Dad didn't even go to Gettysburg Sem- Muhlenburg!

Our minister DID go to seminary at Gettysburg, which he's mentioned many times with a sort of dreamy look on his face, and not just because of the theology! He does, too work in CW stuff in his sermons, but he's also a WWII fan, so we get that too.

I know where Muhlenberg is-- my husband and I both grew up near Allentown and Bethlehem. Now we live near Reading, and Valley Forge is about a half-hour drive for us. Gettysburg is about 2 hours west.

Our minister DID go to seminary at Gettysburg, which he's mentioned many times with a sort of dreamy look on his face, and not just because of the theology! He does, too work in CW stuff in his sermons, but he's also a WWII fan, so we get that too.

I know where Muhlenberg is-- my husband and I both grew up near Allentown and Bethlehem. Now we live near Reading, and Valley Forge is about a half-hour drive for us. Gettysburg is about 2 hours west.

As an aside, my family took the opposite route in Pennsylvania. When we first moved here, we were in the Reading area (Exeter Twp) and now my parents live in the Bethlehem area.

R

Gosh, these are all old stomping grounds. PA also seems to me sometimes to be populated entirely by Lutherans. :smile: Yes, I understand the other denominations are equally accounted for, just growing up as a PK you meet an awful lot of them. Bethlehem, for instance, is where my Dad's college roomate had his church of 45 years and Reading has had family living there for a good 125 years, although not the same person. :smile:

I spoke with a Gettysburg Sem, grad just 2 weeks ago, asked him how he ever got anything DONE while there, since he's a CW buff. He did say gosh, TOUGH to do, for real! My daughter, on the other hand, is a senior this year at Gettysburg College- do you think I can get her to ONE monument or even to solemnly view the gatehouse with me? Nope. It's like the battle happened to disrupt the parking there in the summer for her, when things at the chem lab get busy.

Gosh, these are all old stomping grounds. PA also seems to me sometimes to be populated entirely by Lutherans. :smile: Yes, I understand the other denominations are equally accounted for, just growing up as a PK you meet an awful lot of them. Bethlehem, for instance, is where my Dad's college roomate had his church of 45 years and Reading has had family living there for a good 125 years, although not the same person. :smile:

I spoke with a Gettysburg Sem, grad just 2 weeks ago, asked him how he ever got anything DONE while there, since he's a CW buff. He did say gosh, TOUGH to do, for real! My daughter, on the other hand, is a senior this year at Gettysburg College- do you think I can get her to ONE monument or even to solemnly view the gatehouse with me? Nope. It's like the battle happened to disrupt the parking there in the summer for her, when things at the chem lab get busy.

I myself went to Penn State-Mont Alto campus for forestry when I started college (eventually switched to English, and teaching--but that's another story). Mont Alto is near Chambersburg and Waynesboro . . . and very close to Gettysburg, as well! However, it wasn't until YEARS later that I became interested in the CW, and realized how close to Gettysburg I was back then. And that was a good thing, too, because even though I didn't have a car at Mont Alto, I would have found someone to get me to Gettysburg, and that would not have been good for my grades! So now, I just sort of sigh every time we go out to the Burg, and think, "If only. . . "

Back