Recent Find Relics From A Confederate Parole Camp "Buttons"

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
One of the things that this CS camp has produced is BUTTONS. I have found more buttons in this one section then you can shake a stick at. Most are civilian but there have been many CS buttons come out of the ground. Most are the solid cast block I cast type but there are some some tin backs as well as few North Carolina, Mississippi buttons. The civilian bone buttons can only be found after they plow and it rains and they come from an area I believe is where the privies are located. I love founding buttons. The fields have been plowed so its time get it done before the cotton gets planted.
DSCN2284.JPG
DSCN2285.JPG
DSCN2286.JPG
buttons.jpg

That NC button doesn't really go with all those others. You should send it to me. :D
Yeah, that Mississippi one either. And that old rusty NC button with the nick out of it :wink: I'm assuming @ACobra289 wants the nice one, so you can send both of those other old outcast buttons my way. :D

That NC button doesn't really go with all those others. You should send it to me. :D
The NC buttons are an anomaly as they were not part of the Vicksburg troops. 1 NC unit was par of a brigade sent here from Gen Johnson's army when Gen Sherman made his raid on Meridian. I have yet to track down which unit it was.

Those are killer finds, I'm personally drooling over the Block I buttons. There's a lot of beauties in there though, now get back out there!
I went out for a few hours the other day but will hit it hard as the farmer is going to plow in the next few days.

You should give guided detecting tours. (For a fee of course.) And only to those that live out of state so you know they won't try to come back there without you. :thumbsup:
Not going to happen as I only hunt by myself plus they would have to give up everything as its all going into the museum here.

Nice buttons! Good luck on your dig. When did the flood waters finally recede?
The river has receded for a few weeks but it was not before I had 3 feet of water in the house which is a total loss. I have been trying to salvage what I can but its just depressing and then add this virus. Here is a drone shot a friend sent me of the area where my place is. It is a mess but I will get thru it.
1586352635732.png

The river has receded for a few weeks but it was not before I had 3 feet of water in the house which is a total loss. I have been trying to salvage what I can but its just depressing and then add this virus. Here is a drone shot a friend sent me of the area where my place is. It is a mess but I will get thru it.
View attachment 354137
Good grief, I knew you said you had some flood trouble but had no idea it was that bad. Is there anything any of us can do?

Good grief, I knew you said you had some flood trouble but had no idea it was that bad. Is there anything any of us can do?
Not really except thoughts and prayers. I will get thru it but just having all my friends here at CWT is a blessing as it is my get away from it all spot.

Back