Forrest Relatives of Nathan Bedford Forrest

Hello Mandy.
As one of the Forrest forum hosts, welcome to CivilWarTalk.

We do have some Forrest relatives here.

@DSessom & @dnsmith00 are a couple of our members who are related to the General, and I think we have a few more. Perhaps my co hosts @diane , @Nathanb1 and @DixieRifles remember those members. Of the many threads that have information on the Forrest family, this is one from last year.

http://civilwartalk.com/threads/great-niece-of-gen-n-b-forrest.105998/

Again, welcome to the forums and we look forward to your participation.

Welcome.
Even here in West Tennessee, General Forrest is both revered and hated. I had no opinion for a long time until I began tracing my ancestor's service in the cavalry and reading the history of the battles and campaigns of North Mississippi and West Tennessee.

Welcome from Maryland.

bugs.jpg

I'm a descendent of Nathan Bedford Forrest and am interested in finding other relatives on here. Anyone else related to NBF?

Hi, Mandy! Happy to have you here, and looks like 7th Tennessee has gotten you the names of those we know are relatives. Please feel free to PM them if you have questions.

How are you related?.....According to http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/forrest.htm
Nathan Bedford Forrest III was the only son of the only son of the only son (grand grandson) of Confederate Lieutenant General Nathan Bedford Forrest. He had no children and his sister had two daughters. Therefore the direct line came to an end with his (NB Forrest III) death in the skies over Germany......

No offense intended at all.....I am glad to meet you and to know you, and I appreciate your relation to the General and look forward to learning from you!!.... :smile:

Hello from Memphis! I have ancestors who rode with Forrest.

There was actually a big discussion here recently about whether or not Forrest still had living descendants - nice to meet you. As I'm sure you know, there's been a lot of discussion regarding Forrest and his wife's graves in Memphis and whether they can be relocated to Elmwood - the news has stated that the family opposes it. I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

For what it's worth, my personal feelings as a Memphian are that I love Elmwood and would love to see the General and his wife restored with dignity to their original resting places there, plus I have no particular attachment to the location of Forrest Park, but I would consider it a terrible tragedy if the statue were to leave Memphis and an even worse tragedy if something were to happen to it.

image.jpg

Hi, Mandy! Happy to have you here, and looks like 7th Tennessee has gotten you the names of those we know are relatives. Please feel free to PM them if you have questions.
How are you related?.....According to http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/forrest.htm
Nathan Bedford Forrest III was the only son of the only son of the only son (grand grandson) of Confederate Lieutenant General Nathan Bedford Forrest. He had no children and his sister had two daughters. Therefore the direct line came to an end with his (NB Forrest III) death in the skies over Germany......

No offense intended at all.....I am glad to meet you and to know you, and I appreciate your relation to the General and look forward to learning from you!!.... :smile:
My gr gr gr grandfather and NBF were brothers.

Back