Discussion Refuting Professor Walter E. Williams' "Black Confederates"

yankeeblue

Private
Walter E. Williams is an economics professor at George Mason University, and is well known among conservative minded people. In fact, Professor Williams has substituted for Rush Limbaugh on Rush's radio show many times in the past.

A few years ago I found an article online that was authored by Professor Williams about blacks having served as soldiers in the Confederacy. His article is located in several places online and each one is slightly changed. See this link for a good example: http://www.vagenweb.org/dinwiddie/cwar/black-conf.htm

Professor Williams attempts to show that the Confederacy actually employed blacks as soldiers in the Civil War. While there much that I agree with Professor Williams about regarding politics and economics, he is dead wrong in this article. Between the Spring and Summer semesters this year I sat down and wrote a research paper to refute all the arguments he uses to "prove" his idea of the black Confederate soldier. I have pasted the link to my paper in my Google drive below.

Back