Reenactors portraying Muslim soldiers.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

archieclement

Captain
Forum Host
You do realize that not all Muslims pray multiply times a day?
Plenty of Muslims are no more religious than many "Christians".
And just like plenty of "Christians" don't follow all the rules. The same is the case for many Muslims.

I served with a guy who was a Muslim... He was Muslim to the same extent that many Danes are Christians.
The only way he did things differently was the fact that he did not want to eat pork.
He clearly had faith in his God... but was not religious.

And I studied at university with two. One was like the one just mentioned, the other did pray in our breaks.
Same here, I've only known a very limited number of Muslims, but have never seen one make a major production out of praying in public. Part of why in a earlier post i mentioned in a time period where people were far less tolerant, I suspect they wouldn't have tried to draw attention to themselves....But that in part is because Muslims themselves are scarce here. Today they still represent less then 1% in this area

But its not important in relation to reenacting whether they pray 0,5, or 20 times a day......if portraying a Christian CW soldier, there is no reason in public (in character) they should portray anything other then what and how a Christian soldier would have done.

I'm curious do women reeanactors portraying men in combat roles, mainly do it just in the field part where it wouldn't be as noticeable, or also in camp life where it would be much more noticeable? Seeing a uniformed figure marching/riding 80 yds away, the illusion would be much easier to maintain, then talking to someone 3 feet away.

Last edited:

Kurt G

First Sergeant
Same here, I've only known a very limited number of Muslims, but have never seen one make a major production out of praying in public. Part of why in a earlier post i mentioned in a time period where people were far less tolerant, I suspect they wouldn't have tried to draw attention to themselves....But that in part is because Muslims themselves are scarce here. Today they still represent less then 1% in this area

But its not important in relation to reenacting whether they pray 0,5, or 20 times a day......if portraying a Christian CW soldier, there is no reason in public (in character) they should portray anything other then what and how a Christian soldier would have done.

I'm curious do women reeanactors portraying men in combat roles, mainly do it just in the field part where it wouldn't be as noticeable, or also in camp life where it would be much more noticeable? Seeing a uniformed figure marching/riding 80 yds away, the illusion would be much easier to maintain, then talking to someone 3 feet away.
This is the 2nd US cavalry at Gettysburg . 3 of the 6 troopers here are women , the guidon bearer , the one in the middle with the raised arm and the third from the left .

DSC_0510.JPG

Kurt G

First Sergeant

Here's another example with the Michigan cavalry Brigade . It is hard to recruit enough people for cavalry units and there are a lot of women riders who are enthusiastic about it . None that I ever talked to were attempting to portray women and many wear facial hair .

GFV2 074.jpg

GFV2 081.jpg