Impressions Reenactor Addresses Cadets at West Point Military Academy

Thank you for the links @GrantCottage1885! I would love to hear a presentation. I'd love to hear one of yours too @Belle Montgomery!
Thank you...I'll be doing my normal rounds this summer in Ohio reminding, and in some cases, exposing these women for the first time. What amazes me is how they run the gamut between black, Jewish, Hispanic etc. … even seniors like 80 year old General Edmund Kirby Smith's mom, Francis Kirby Smith, thrown out of St. Augustine for her spying! Such Chutzpah! :giggle:

View attachment 290616
It's not everyday that a reenactor is invited to West Point US Military Academy. Dr. Curt Fields, who portrays General Ulysses S. Grant, was not only invited to visit, he was invited to address the Cadets of the Academy on January 11, 2019.

My friend, Don Lay, who is a talented photographer and also happens to be a reenactor, shared these pictures on Facebook yesterday. https://www.facebook.com/don.lay.10/posts/10216839231045425
View attachment 290617

View attachment 290618
View attachment 290620
Now for those Cadets from the Deep South ,will Robert E. Lee be invited to speak at WP ?

Curt is an old friend and his Grant impression is spot on. He is a regular at Shiloh/Corinth events. The photo is of us at the July 4, 2016 anniversary at Vicksburg.
IMG_3727.JPG

A couple of repliers here stated he is a friend and know him personally. I would be interested to know if one can answer whether he is an amateur actor, professional actor, and if it is a full time occupation. Not that I want to be a reenactor; I don't, but it is a slant of interesting mystery to me.
Lubliner.

I would be interested to know if one can answer whether he is an amateur actor, professional actor, and if it is a full time occupation.
No, he is not a professional actor or even an amateur one. Dr. Fields received a Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Memphis, and a Master’s and Ph.D. degrees from Michigan State University. He is a career educator having taught for eight years at the Junior and Senior high school levels; then served for 25 years as a high school Administrator before retiring. He is now an Educational consultant. He is also a Living History Demonstrator, and a speaker on Leadership as demonstrated and advocated by General Grant. He has taught as an adjunct Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Memphis since 1988, and adjunct Assistant Professor of Education at Belhaven University (Memphis campus) since 2008. Dr. Fields served as a Memphis, TN, Police Officer for four years and for nearly 20 years as a Reserve Officer. [Bio from https://civilwarroundtableofnei.wordpress.com/about-curt-fields/ ]

No, he is not a professional actor or even an amateur one. Dr. Fields received a Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the University of Memphis, and a Master’s and Ph.D. degrees from Michigan State University. He is a career educator having taught for eight years at the Junior and Senior high school levels; then served for 25 years as a high school Administrator before retiring. He is now an Educational consultant. He is also a Living History Demonstrator, and a speaker on Leadership as demonstrated and advocated by General Grant. He has taught as an adjunct Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Memphis since 1988, and adjunct Assistant Professor of Education at Belhaven University (Memphis campus) since 2008. Dr. Fields served as a Memphis, TN, Police Officer for four years and for nearly 20 years as a Reserve Officer. [Bio from https://civilwarroundtableofnei.wordpress.com/about-curt-fields/ ]
Wow, someone truly dedicated to the advancement of education. He is leading a full life for sure. Thank you so much @lelliott19.
Lubliner

Back