Reeactments

Are there any reanactments in Mississippi or Louisiana anytime in the near future?

Kshollywood,

Pvt. A. Wells may have turned you on to an excellent Civil War reenactment in Raymond, MS. I went to the very first Raymond reenactment and it totally became one of my best reenacting events I had ever had in my life.

It was done mainly in the countryside, along rustic trails and dirt roads with battle scenarios that made you feel as if you had been transported back in time to 1863! And the people of Raymond were the perfect hosts, doing everything in their power to see to our needs as reenactors and they made the best of spectators.

When someone speaks of "Southern Hospitality," the people of Raymond are the best examples of such. When our Union reenacting companies marched into downtown Raymond, the folks would step up to our ranks and gives us cold water, cookies, bread & cakes, and fried chicken! How's that for a welcome, even when we were recreating the capture of the town by Yankees!

If you go to no other event, go to this one, as I have heard they have opened up actual battlefield sites of 1863 to the reenactments. What better rush is there for a reenactor than to recreate history upon the actual ground it was made?

Good Luck in whatever event you decide to attend.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Back