What is this? Received A Box Of Civil War Items

The more I look into this box of items I believe these are all items for reenactments. With a select few items that are dated to the year but the big items are seeming to be reenactments

You may be right that it's all replica stuff, but you never know. It would be worth posting a pic of the entire collection. There may be some hidden gems that members could help identify.

Could be from a reenactor or there are a lot of folks that like live shooting black powder like the North South Skirmish Association. What else is in the box?
There is camp gear like an old cot, there is belts, jackets, buckles, silver plates, canteens, black powder, interchangeable parts for the colt, a couple hats, etc

I sent your picture of that flask to my friend but he said he couldn't determine if it were real or a reproduction by the wuality of the photo. He did think it may be the real thing though. His reference is a book oddly called the "Powder Flask Book" by Ray Riling. And he said this book is not cheap, it's in the $100+ range. Your Pietta Revolver seemed to interest a member here. I'll send him a picture of it sometimes today and see what he says about it. There are many Italian repros out there but the early models are pretty close to being collector's items in their own right.

I sent your picture of that flask to my friend but he said he couldn't determine if it were real or a reproduction by the wuality of the photo. He did think it may be the real thing though. His reference is a book oddly called the "Powder Flask Book" by Ray Riling. And he said this book is not cheap, it's in the $100+ range. Your Pietta Revolver seemed to interest a member here. I'll send him a picture of it sometimes today and see what he says about it. There are many Italian repros out there but the early models are pretty close to being collector's items in their own right.
That would be awesome, I'm trying to find the items I found the exact same flask on ebay for 990.00 and it's the only one I've seen with the dog character on it. Besides that I havent any pictures of the colt just the bullet cartridge.

This is an Italian reproduction. I have one just like it that I regularly use for re-enactments. It is also a lot of fun for target shooting.

Would you happen to know what these regularly go fo on the market?
You can pick one up at Bass Pro for about $250 to $275 There are other sources as well with prices running from $250 up to $300. A used one in very good condition should fetch at least $200. My wife bought me mine as a Christmas gift and if memory serves, it was abour $230 in the box then. (2012)

That BH in that one picture of the revolver is a code. BH stands for 1996. Thats the year of manufacture.
So its 25 years old not quit a 100 years but still cool, thanks for the input everyone. Been very insightful I'm still going through all the items so I'll post them throughout the week and I do believe I'll be putting these items up in a lot sale on the other page of classifieds. I will be looking out for more of these type of items now that I am becoming more interested in what they are.

The "BH" mark inside a rectangle on the frame is an Italian date code indicating the pistol was made in 1996.

Edit: Sorry, I see Polloco beat me to it!

So a couple weeks ago I got posession of a lot of civil war era items, I do collect alot of antique items but this is the first time it being war items I'll post pictures throughout the week but I have no way of authenticating anything due to where I'm located, I would love to learn more about what I have whether they are authentic or replicas. I'm curious to expand my knowledge a bit. Thankyou for anyone that replies to this thread.

View attachment 387647

View attachment 387648

View attachment 387649

View attachment 387650

View attachment 387651

View attachment 387652

View attachment 387653

View attachment 387654

View attachment 387655

View attachment 387656

View attachment 387657
Yep, replica. I have one. .44 caliber and a fun shooter. Not fun to clean afterwards though.

Back