Rare Ribbon Belonging To A Great Mississippian Who Resurrected The SCV

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
Thought I would share this very rare ribbon from the SCV National Convention Held in Mississippi in 1954. It belonged to Dr. William McCain who was quite a man in Mississippi history. So much so I will let y'all read it all here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_David_McCain

This ribbon has his name as well as the Confederate Women's Home pin-back which was sold to raise funds for CS widows homes. He was a pioneer and was solely responsible for resurrecting the SCV as we know it today.
DSCN3078.JPG
DSCN3084.JPG
DSCN3085.JPG

I will have to dig them out but I have my MOSB Medal Of Service as well as a Medal Of Service from the SCV for my trip to the big sandbox in Iraq.

UPDATE. This rare ribbon now has a new home at the National Confederate Museum in Columbia TN.
How is it the National Confederate Museum in Columbia, Tn. became the honored bearer of this award? Was it a bidding process involved, thinking a Mississippi Museum would show an interest? Hope the question is not invasive.
Lubliner.

How is it the National Confederate Museum in Columbia, Tn. became the honored bearer of this award? Was it a bidding process involved, thinking a Mississippi Museum would show an interest? Hope the question is not invasive.
Lubliner.
The state of Miss is to busy changing their flag and besides the SCV has several scholarships and awards names after Dr. McCain plus a section of the museum is devoted to him. Lets just say we came to a mutual agreement.

Back