Forrest RARE Gen Nathan Bedford Forrest Signed CDV Sold Over $11000

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
A very RARE signed CDV of Gen Forrest recently sold at auction for over $11000. And who said CS stuff was on the down side these days.

Courtesy of Heritage auctions
forrest.jpg

forrest back.jpg

That is my favorite of Forrest!

That's a good price, too. I hear Forrest things are selling better than R E Lee things - is that really so?
Yep as i posted above the last signed Gen R E Lee CDV I saw sold for half that but then again there are more of them the NBF.

A very RARE signed CDV of Gen Forrest recently sold at auction for over $11000. And who said CS stuff was on the down side these days.

Courtesy of Heritage auctions
View attachment 332378
View attachment 332377
This cdv was auctioned off by Heritage Auctions about a week ago. The auction house described the cdv as being very rare and one-of-a-kind, hence the high final bid. Here's the complete story:

This cdv was auctioned off by Heritage Auctions about a week ago. The auction house described the cdv as being very rare and one-of-a-kind, hence the high final bid. Here's the complete story:

I know all that as I had to stop bidding at 4K. Back when it went in the catalog and I posted it we had a discussion on what it would go for. I wasn't even close at 3k

Last edited:
I need those folks to pump more oil, I guess...
Even if they did and as you watch that grasshopper go up and down would you pay that?

Is that actually signed, or just his name written on the card? It doesn't look like his known signature.

View attachment 332483
I thought the same thing. I've seen many examples of his signature, and just looking at the 'r' and 'F' alone, nothing is correct. Also, looks like only one 'r' in his last name, which would be a common mistake for someone just writing an i.d. on the photo.

Back