Book Launch Rampage on the River: The Battle for Island No. 10

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
l-images-amazon-com-2fimages-2fi-2f51ilvrf6fll-jpg.jpg

• @Cody C. Engdahl is the author Cody C. Engdahl and is proud to launch his book:
    • Rampage on the River: The Battle for Island No. 10
      (2nd Michigan Cavalry Chronicles: Book 1)
    • Published 3/19/2019
    • Belatedly Launched on CWT on 8/19/2019
    • Buy it on Amazon

A swashbuckling adventure set in the American Civil War where love, honor, and friendship are tested in the madness and chaos of war. A reluctant Yankee Cavalryman teams up with his old Confederate classmate to save someone very dear before it's too late.

Ramage on the River brings to life the real battles of Fort Donelson, New Madrid, and Island No. 10 where the Confederates make their stand against dreaded Federal Ironclads to stop the Yankee invasion. It is the first book in a series that follows the exploits of the 2nd Michigan Cavalry.

See All of the Official Book Launch Club Listings
Are you an Author Interested in getting your book listed in the Book Launch Club?
Click Here to read the Official Rules & Request Thread

Here is an excerpt:

“Here they come…” Jeff whispered. Kyle’s eyes snapped open. He squinted at the wood line across the way. He saw nothing. Maybe the lieutenant was just nervous and seeing things, but then Kyle saw movement in the dark brush. Men on horses started to emerge from the trees. Kyle sucked in his breath as more and more came out of the darkness into the light that filled the clearing before him. They wore dark blue uniforms with brass buttons. Their kepi hats were pulled down so low that the shadows from their short visors extended half way down their noses revealing only beards and grim set mouths.

So many of them, Kyle thought. It was the first time he had seen Federal troops since he put on a Confederate uniform. Now, he was supposed to kill them. Even worse, they were supposed to kill him. It didn’t seem real. These were Americans. People he could have known in the time he spent in the North. How is this possible…?

One of the blue-clad men wearing a slouch hat pulled down low, put up a gloved hand causing the rest of the Federal horsemen to stop. They see us, Kyle thought, They have to see us.

“Hold…” Forrest whispered.

The man in the slouch hat motioned with his hand for the rest of them to straighten their line that spread out on either side of him. Once satisfied, he motioned with his hand forward.

“Steady…” Forrest growled.

My God, they are close! Kyle thought. It was maddening. Surely these Yankees could see the hundreds of men lying in the brush before them, but the sun was in their eyes and the Rebels were in the shade of the woods, so the Union soldiers kept approaching to the point that Kyle thought the Yankees would walk right over them.

“Fire!” Forrest roared. At first, a few carbines crackled, and then the whole line exploded in gunfire and smoke. Kyle pulled the first trigger of his shotgun. The kick and noise startled him. The smoke was so thick he couldn’t see if he had hit anything. But he could hear the sounds of horses screaming and men yelling.

Click here if you’d like to read more click here: Rampage on the River: The Battle for Island No. 10 (2nd Michigan Cavalry Chronicles: Book 1) Kindle Edition

This book is about friends that are separated by the war and end up fighting on either side. Even though they are fictional there are several real historical figures in the book including Nathan Bedford Forrest, Jeff Forrest, P.T.G. Beauregard, Jeff Thompson, Albert Sidney Johnston, John Pope, Gordon Granger, and several more.

The battles of Fort Donelson, New Madrid, and Island No.10 are also in it. My story is fictional but all the historical parts are true.

Thank you, everyone, who read (or may still read!) my novel, Rampage on the River: The Battle of Island No. 10. I hope you liked it. My new novel is now out:

THE ONE.jpg

I think we're going to do an official launch here soon, but I just wanted to get it out there that The Perils of Perryville is now available on Amazon. Just click the link if you want to check it out. Here's a bit more about it:

"A rip-roaring adventure set in the American Civil War where friendship, love, and family are tested by the madness of war. An accusation of treason sends friends and enemies spiraling into chaos as the Yankee invasion pushes deeper into the South, countered by a Rebel push into the border State of Kentucky. The Perils of Perryville follows the stories of heroes and villains on both sides through the very real battles of Shiloh, New Orleans, First Corinth, Memphis, Munfordville, and ultimately Perryville, where the fate of Kentucky will be decided. This is the second book in the "2nd Michigan Chronicles" series. You don't necessarily have to read the first book to enjoy this one."

LIVE on Facebook Thursdays 8 pm CDT: Rampage on the River read by me! Friend or follow me! You can get your own copy here: http://viewbook.at/RampageontheRiver

Feel free to SHARE this as my FaceBook page is open to the public. The more viewers, the better.

I write my books as if they are a season of Netflix with each chapter as an episode. So I thought this might be a good time to read it weekly just as the streaming services shows run.

I'm planning on doing this as long as the quarantine lasts. I'll leave each episode up so you can catch up or review before the next installment. I'll probably take them all done after the pandemic is over except for maybe the first episode, which I'll probably use to entice people to buy the book.
For the record, I have no plans of reading "The Perils of Perryville," but if you want to continue the story on your own you can get it here: viewbook.at/PerilsofPerryville, or through Parnassus Books at https://www.parnassusbooks.net/book/9798608720666, or from the Robertson County History Museum.
Thanks, and stay safe
Your friend,
Cody

LIVE on Facebook Thursdays 8 pm CDT: Rampage on the River read by me! Friend or follow me! You can get your own copy here: http://viewbook.at/RampageontheRiver

Feel free to SHARE this as my FaceBook page is open to the public. The more viewers, the better.

I write my books as if they are a season of Netflix with each chapter as an episode. So I thought this might be a good time to read it weekly just as the streaming services shows run.

I'm planning on doing this as long as the quarantine lasts. I'll leave each episode up so you can catch up or review before the next installment. I'll probably take them all done after the pandemic is over except for maybe the first episode, which I'll probably use to entice people to buy the book.
For the record, I have no plans of reading "The Perils of Perryville," but if you want to continue the story on your own you can get it here: viewbook.at/PerilsofPerryville, or through Parnassus Books at https://www.parnassusbooks.net/book/9798608720666, or from the Robertson County History Museum.
Thanks, and stay safe
Your friend,
Cody

Back