Lee R.E. Lee’s childhood home in Alexandria for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, they haven't bulldozed this house yet? I guess the 500k+ commission for the selling agent would preclude it.

It's a nice house in a good neighborhood, but $8.5 million is a bit steep. You can probably get 2,000 square feet on the same block for a cool million, but without Anne Carter's sense of style. Different strokes for different folks.

Whenever I see a beautiful old house like this, I desperately hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it and take excellent care of it. And then, of course, being the General's former home ~ that's a biggie!

Any favorite rooms, guys? I'd pick #3 or #15 as my personal little hideout.

Whenever I see a beautiful old house like this, I desperately hope it goes to someone who will appreciate it and take excellent care of it. And then, of course, being the General's former home ~ that's a biggie!

Any favorite rooms, guys? I'd pick #3 or #15 as my personal little hideout.
MrsP would kill for that laundry room in #17! I like the attic room in #15. Better not be any sleepwalkers in bedroom #12 - look at the staircase just outside the door on the left.

What, they haven't bulldozed this house yet? I guess the 500k+ commission for the selling agent would preclude it.

It's a nice house in a good neighborhood, but $8.5 million is a bit steep. You can probably get 2,000 square feet on the same block for a cool million, but without Anne Carter's sense of style. Different strokes for different folks.

Most of the price is probably because of the half acre of land the house is on.

Love the house but, wouldn't live there (full time). Now, take THAT house, & put it on some acreage out in the country a little bit, then you'd have something. To me anyways. My childhood home is not far from there (10 miles). I wouldn't go back to that concrete jungle full time, even if the money was insignificant.

Last edited:
Do they take Zimbabwe? I have a $500 billion dollar bill.

All the times I've been to Alexandria and I've never set foot into that house. I don't think it was ever open to the public.

***Posted as Moderator***
As some may have noticed, this thread has deteriorated into a series of off-topic and frivolous posts. A number have been deleted.
This thread has outlived its usefulness. I am closing it until further notice.
A word about Memes: Memes shouldn’t be posted in regular threads. If you must share a Meme, do it in your shares.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back