Questions on General Order 25

Wardens93

Cadet
Hello I found on my ancestors muster roll in the remarks section what I believe reads Transfered to regular forever under order no 25 ______(unknown word)_____ R.E. Lee. My question is what was order number 25 and is anyone able to understand how it is in context with what I believe it to read, thanks.
Fold3_Page_3_Compiled_Service_Records_of_Confederate_Soldiers_Who_Served_in_Organizations_from...jpg

Hi, is this the same ancestor you were asking about on the other thread?

Must confess I am not familiar with order 25, but I am sure someone will be along soon who is. :smile:

No worries! I'm the forum host and it's fine with me. I just realized it may have answered my own question on whether you had a CSR for him. :smile:

Thanks! I found it and looked at them. As I said on the other thread, I can see why it's a confusing CSR. :frown: Hoping one of our other members comes along with some good information for you!

Hello I found on my ancestors muster roll in the remarks section what I believe reads Transfered to regular forever under order no 25 ______(unknown word)_____ R.E. Lee. My question is what was order number 25 and is anyone able to understand how it is in context with what I believe it to read, thanks. View attachment 306893

Welcome, I believe it reads "transferred to regular forces under order # 25 from Gen. R.E. Lee " ??? This was apparently an order calling up the Virginia Reserves.

If he would have been in his mid-50s in the early 1900s, this could be his pension record.

It's from this website, but the tiff images can give folks trouble, so I made a PDF for you. :smile:
http://lva-linux-temp.hosted.exlibr...set_number=003470&set_entry=000001&format=999

He lists a unit in the application, but someone with better eyes than me will have to transcribe the penmanship. Maybe it will be whatever regular one he was sent to? You'll also want to verify that the information given matches what you know about your ancestor. Hope it's him and, if so, gives you some clues to work with.

Attachments

• R.T. Carr pension application.pdf
    10.8 MB · Views: 165
Yeah the gentleman from sons of civil federated veterans found 2 pensions matching his name from same area filled close in time frame and both stated something about eye sight. I found another role been looking up units he fought with this one is easier to read found a few with same orders.

Fold3_Page_3_Compiled_Service_Records_of_Confederate_Soldiers_Who_Served_in_Organizations_from...jpg

He lists a unit in the application,

It appears to be the same as his service record "Company D 1st Virginia Reserves" and the name of his Captain.

Disability : almost total blindness "except in strong sunlight" and a "broken foot".

I was intrigued by what he gave as the cause of his blindness: "I burnt them firing (?)" Wish I could make out that last word !

It appears to be the same as his service record "Company D 1st Virginia Reserves" and the name of his Captain.

Disability : almost total blindness "except in strong sunlight" and a "broken foot".

I was intrigued by what he gave as the cause of his blindness: "I burnt them firing (?)" Wish I could make out that last word !
tobacco.

Yup firing tobacco still done a lot around here if he was transfered I wish I knew how to find where to or if order 25 says

Shoemws like two different pensions there or am I mistaken filled at two different ages is it possible both are his not sure why would be but if not any way to figure which might be his I'd be surprised if another person going by RT carr in the county back then

These are applications for pension, for various reasons some men had to file more than once. He may have took him a couple of filings to be approved. Maybe the pension laws were changed, and he had to re-file. Petty sure it's the same man.
Cool thank you! That's neat to know. I was scared I found the wrong one and would never know who's is who

Back