Question about Harpers Ferry visit

Mary763

Corporal
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone on here has been to Harpers Ferry lately. I am planning a quick day trip soon and wanted some recommendations on where eat. (The last place we liked burned down in the fire and didn’t come back.)
Also, I was thinking of doing a side trip to Charles Town to see the sites about John Brown. Has anyone been there? Is it worth it?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!
Mary

Mary. I would try the Bavarian Inn for an upscale meal. I highly recommend it. As a caveat, I should mention it has been several years since I ate there with my friends but I believe they are still in business and owned by the same family. They cater to a somewhat high society crowd. For example, President Reagan and his wife Nancy used to eat there as well as other dignitaries whose pictures line the walls . David.

Mary. I would try the Bavarian Inn for an upscale meal. I highly recommend it. As a caveat, I should mention it has been several years since I ate there with my friends but I believe they are still in business and owned by the same family. They cater to a somewhat high society crowd. For example, President Reagan and his wife Nancy used to eat there as well as other dignitaries whose pictures line the walls . David.
Thank you for the recommendation, I’ll look into that one!

Hi @Mary763
I don't have restaurant recommendations but I encourage you to make a quick side trip to visit the Kennedy Farm. It is the farm that was rented by John Brown. He stayed there for some time prior, trained his men, planned and launched his attack on Harper's Ferry from there. The grounds are open to the public and the building is well preserved. Definitely worth the visit. http://johnbrown.org/
38480322_10215331812161153_4539262926967537664_n.jpg

Hi @Mary763
I don't have restaurant recommendations but I encourage you to make a quick side trip to visit the Kennedy Farm. It is the farm that was rented by John Brown. He stayed there for some time prior, trained his men, planned and launched his attack on Harper's Ferry from there. The grounds are open to the public and the building is well preserved. Definitely worth the visit. http://johnbrown.org/
View attachment 200220
Thank you! I’ll have to add that to the list!

Back