Question about Confederate hospitals

digne

Private
They do include patient rosters that include complaint/illness so perhaps a trip to UT at Austin might turn up something definitive.
Thank you for all your input. So, I'll add this one to my to-do list. ... This is the problem with living on the west coast. The scenery is fantastic, but family history trips are usually a LOT more complicated. There's so much I want to see.

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
Thank you for all your input. So, I'll add this one to my to-do list. ... This is the problem with living on the west coast. The scenery is fantastic, but family history trips are usually a LOT more complicated. There's so much I want to see.
Let me know when you come to Shelby County Historical Society.... its not far and I'll try to gather up a few others and show you the CW sites nearby.

digne

Private
Let me know when you come to Shelby County Historical Society.... its not far and I'll try to gather up a few others and show you the CW sites nearby.
That would be lovely! Thanks so much for all your help. It will be awhile before I can make another trip. But I'm looking forward to another one.

I have at least 3 confederate veterans in my direct line and they all lived in Alabama after the war (two were hospitalized during the war), so I'll really want to get a solid to-list prepped. And my Union relatives all served in the Western theater. So there's lot of family history in that area for me.