Pvt. Henry Jackson Pickett Co. G, 27th Reg. NC

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Honored Fallen Comrade
BB3AA669D8.jpg

(Previously served in Mallett’s North Carolina Battalion (Camp Guards). Transferred to this company on April 7, 1863. Wounded in the arm and right leg at Bristow Station, Virginia, October 14, 1863. Right leg amputated. Reported absent until August 24, 1864, when he was retired from service by reason of disability.

View attachment 25942
(Previously served in Mallett’s North Carolina Battalion (Camp Guards). Transferred to this company on April 7, 1863. Wounded in the arm and right leg at Bristow Station, Virginia, October 14, 1863. Right leg amputated. Reported absent until August 24, 1864, when he was retired from service by reason of disability.
I am curious as to where you found this photograph. Pvt Henry Pickett was my great-great grandfather, . Do you have access to any other photos of him or information about him and/or his family? I believe that he had six brothers that also served in the Confederate military, and four died during the War for Southern Independence.

I am curious as to where you found this photograph. Pvt Henry Pickett was my great-great grandfather, . Do you have access to any other photos of him or information about him and/or his family? I believe that he had six brothers that also served in the Confederate military, and four died during the War for Southern Independence.

Do you know what county they were from ? Or better still their first names ? Found 3 from Orange County and 3 from Davidson

Service record
(Previously served in Mallett’s North Carolina Battalion (Camp Guards). Transferred to this company on April 7, 1863. Wounded in the arm and right leg at Bristow Station, Virginia, October 14, 1863. Right leg amputated. Reported absent until August 24, 1864, when he was retired from service by reason of disability’

His service record doesn’t state where he was from or where enlisted but Company G (Orange Guards) of the 27th regiment was raised in Orange County, NC and most of the men were from there.
North Carolina Troops 1861-1865, A Roster, Vol VIII infantry, 27th-31st regiments, p,69.

The photograph is from the NC SCV division website – “Gallery of Heroes”
http://pub10.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=797415435#bn-photocenter-1-1-797415435/57632/1/

Two NC soldiers from Orange County who died during the war. Could these be his brothers ?

E Washington Pickett

Residence Orange County NC; 23 years old.

Enlisted on 5/1/1861 at Orange County, NC as a Sergeant.

On 5/1/1861 he mustered into "C" Co. NC 6th Infantry
He was discharged on 10/2/1861

On 9/22/1862 he mustered into "C" Co. NC 6th Infantry
He died POW on 12/7/1864 at Point Lookout, MD

He was listed as:
* Wounded 7/1/1863 Gettysburg, PA
* POW 11/7/1863 Rappahannock Station, VA
* Confined 11/11/1863 Point Lookout, MD

Promotions:
* Priv 9/22/1862
* Corpl 1/1/1863

Sources used by Historical Data Systems, Inc.:

- North Carolina Troops 1861-65, A Roster
(c) Historical Data Systems, Inc. @ www.civilwardata.com
......................................................................................................................
William Pickett

Residence Orange County NC; 30 years old.

Enlisted on 7/15/1862 at Orange County, NC as a Private.

On 7/15/1862 he mustered into "F" Co. NC 1st Infantry
He was Killed on 7/2/1863 at Gettysburg, PA

View attachment 25942

It looks like the captain of Co.G, wrote the Regiments history for this series :

http://www.archive.org/stream/cu31924092908544#page/n493/mode/2up

Two NC soldiers from Orange County who died during the war. Could these be his brothers ?

E Washington Pickett

Residence Orange County NC; 23 years old.

Enlisted on 5/1/1861 at Orange County, NC as a Sergeant.

On 5/1/1861 he mustered into "C" Co. NC 6th Infantry
He was discharged on 10/2/1861

On 9/22/1862 he mustered into "C" Co. NC 6th Infantry
He died POW on 12/7/1864 at Point Lookout, MD

He was listed as:
* Wounded 7/1/1863 Gettysburg, PA
* POW 11/7/1863 Rappahannock Station, VA
* Confined 11/11/1863 Point Lookout, MD

Promotions:
* Priv 9/22/1862
* Corpl 1/1/1863

......................................................................................................................
William Pickett

Residence Orange County NC; 30 years old.

Enlisted on 7/15/1862 at Orange County, NC as a Private.

On 7/15/1862 he mustered into "F" Co. NC 1st Infantry
He was Killed on 7/2/1863 at Gettysburg, PA

Thanks again for your information. I believe that both of the men you named were his brothers. The other two that died during the War were named: Pleasant "Pleas" Pickett, and Chesley Page Pickett.

Thanks again for your information. I believe that both of the men you named were his brothers. The other two that died during the War were named: Pleasant "Pleas" Pickett, and Chesley Page Pickett.

Couldn't find Chesley

Pleasant Pickett

Residence was not listed;
Enlisted on 7/24/1863 at Orange County as a Private.

On 7/24/1863 he mustered into "C" Co. NC 8th Battn Part. Cavalry
He was transferred out on 10/2/1863

On 10/2/1863 he transferred into "D" Co. NC 66th Infantry
(date and method of discharge not given)

Henry Pickett is listed in the 1860 US Census as "H.H. Pickett". I believe the middle initial 'H' stands for his mother's maiden surname "Herndon". He does have a son named William Jackson Pickett whose middle name comes from his maternal grandfather, Jesse Jackson Rigsbee.

For more information on the Pickett brothers, see: http://www.durhamncscv.org/our-people/pickett-richard-floyd/
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7825782

Henry is my great-great-grandfather. Henry's older brother, Pleasant Pickett, is my great-great-grandfather. Anyone interested in Pickett genealogy may contact me for a GEDCOM file.

View attachment 25942
https://books.google.com/books?id=V...over&source=gbs_atb&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

Volume 2

Roster of NC Troops In the War between the States during the Years 1861, 1862, 1863, and 1865

26th​ thru 36th​

Back