Pvt. Dario Tober, Texas Cavalry

Hello Mike and welcome to CivilWarTalk - the best place on the internet for Civil War discussion.

I can't help you with a photo of your relative, but I can assist by providing images of his carded records from Fold3. Including the regiment he served in may help someone find your inquiry and, eventually a photo.

Looks like Dario Tober was 28 years old when he enlisted as a Private into Captain Sam G Ragsdale's Company of Davidson's Battalion, Arizona Brigade on September 16, 1862.

Company Muster Roll for Sept 16 to December 31, 1862 shows him absent, on detached service. By January of 1864, the name of his unit was changed to 1st Company A, Daly's Battalion Texas Cavalry. Company Muster Roll for Jan/Feb 1864 shows him present. No further record.
1584936398831.png
1584936474279.png

1584936636680.png

I hope you will be able to locate a picture of Private Tober. If you do, please come back and share it here. I'd love to see it!

I would like help finding a photo of my relative. He was in the Texas Cavalry I have a screenshot of his info but am unable to upload it. This would mean very much to me. I am also on Facebook so please feel free to reach out to me on there if needed.

https://www.fold3.com/page/637805928-dario-tober/photos

I would appreciate any help received and thank you all!
Perhaps you already know this but here is where he is buried. No photo of him at the site however.

Back