Proud to be new host of Hauntings page. (Personal Experiences)

mphstteach

Sergeant
Hey guys! I am very happy to be one of the new hosts for the Ghosts and Hauntings page and I thought a good way to get the ball rolling would be for us to share some personal experience we may have had on a battlefield or a Civil War era site. I truly look forward to reading the posts and I hope that the conversation can stay civil. If you don't believe a person's experience or think ghosts are bunk then just don't read the posts; no need for snarky comments or mean-spirited responses.

Thank you for the welcome! I am excited to read all of the experiences. First-hand accounts are always my favorite thing to read about in regards to Ghostly adventures.

Thank you Custer! I was excited the job came open. Very interesting subject area that gets laughed at by some. This will be a place where we can talk about experiences without those fears.

search HOW DID THEY MOVE THE MAIL? go to page 3 and you will see a picture of a wedding ring I posted. The rest of the story.... is while I was taking this ring to jewlers that day to try to figure out the date, I went to a mall to pick up some things.....I lost the ring... 2 hours and 25 miles went by before I discover it was gone. I have a very strong haunting attachment to this ring. After calling the stores I went in, (who all said no we didnt find any thing),I ran back.I could feel this ring pulling me. to make a long story short, It was like my whole body turn in to a metal detector.YES I found it laying there on the floor, the gold was dancing off of it under the lights of one of the stores I was in. And the man assured me he had looked and even vacuum and could not find it. Strange yes! what were the chances? How no one saw that ring is beyond me.

I was fishing one day in the Mississippi sound off of Gulfport when my wedding ring fell off my hand and landed in the Gulf. It was in about 50 feet of water and no way to retrieve it. About a year later I was fishing near the same spot and caught a 7 and a half pound striped bass and when cleaning it that evening I cut down on something hard! You would not believe it even if you saw it! It was my thumb!:bat::whistling:

Last edited:
I was fishing one in the Mississippi sound off of Gulfport when my wedding ring fell off my hand and landed in the Gulf. It was in about 50 feet of water and no way to retrieve it. About a year later I was fishing near the same spot and caught a 7 and a half pound striped bass and when cleaning it that evening I cut down on something hard! You would not believe it even if you saw it! It was my thumb!:bat::whistling:
OH you are bad!!!!!!! I love the bat!!!

I have a very strong haunting attachment to this ring. After calling the stores I went in, (who all said no we didnt find any thing),I ran back.I could feel this ring pulling me. to make a long story short, It was like my whole body turn in to a metal detector.YES I found it laying there on the floor, the gold was dancing off of it under the lights of one of the stores I was in. And the man assured me he had looked and even vacuum and could not find it. Strange yes! what were the chances? How no one saw that ring is beyond me.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them .... :D

I will share my personal experience best I can. The first time I really had a strong feeling on a battlefield was at Antietam. I was not given a lot of time because we were on a tight schedule but my father-in-law was nice enough to drive to the battlefield and let me look around a bit. I took off down the bloody lane pretty much by myself. I am not saying it is a ghostly encounter; I am simply saying the feeling that I got on that spot was so intense! I am sure it has much to do with knowing what happened on that spot and feeling the sympathy that I feel for those who fought there. This year on a trip to Gettysburg my mom, sister and myself were walking through the wheatfield at dark. It was the 150th anny of the fighting there. It was just us and one other family but it felt like there were people all around us. My mom told me numerous times that she "felt like there were people around her feet". Again, there may have been nothing paranormal but the feelings that I had on those fields were indescribable. It truly did feel like there were people all around you.

Welcome as host, and much good luck! I frequently get the willies at Gettysburg- and through all the bazillion photos I've taken, had one batch turn out with ' something ' in them. They were all taken around the area of the 126th NY monument. The thread is here somewhere, if you have time to bump it- yes, obviously some folks see zero, but I saw a lot. I must have a couple of hundred shots of Gettysburg Battlefield, it's only this part, that day, which contain something freakish- in many of the photos, not just one.

I've attempted the same kind of thing since then- random shots the same place, different places, same time, same camera- nothing.

I will share my personal experience best I can. The first time I really had a strong feeling on a battlefield was at Antietam. I was not given a lot of time because we were on a tight schedule but my father-in-law was nice enough to drive to the battlefield and let me look around a bit. I took off down the bloody lane pretty much by myself. I am not saying it is a ghostly encounter; I am simply saying the feeling that I got on that spot was so intense! I am sure it has much to do with knowing what happened on that spot and feeling the sympathy that I feel for those who fought there. This year on a trip to Gettysburg my mom, sister and myself were walking through the wheatfield at dark. It was the 150th anny of the fighting there. It was just us and one other family but it felt like there were people all around us. My mom told me numerous times that she "felt like there were people around her feet". Again, there may have been nothing paranormal but the feelings that I had on those fields were indescribable. It truly did feel like there were people all around you.
how long have you been ghost hunting and what got you interested in it, please share.

At Bloody Lane I felt like I was being pulled like a giant magnet. I had to kneel down and put my hands on the ground. Didn't happen elsewhere. (Well, Stonewall's desk, but that's another matter). I know exactly what you're talking about.

Back