Proposed Carvana site would demolish CW earthworks

Jamieva

Captain
Forum Host
Ugh. This hits home for me as this is Bermuda Hundred campaign ground. The cavalier attitude of the company just peeves me off. Here's the money quote from the article. This is how businesses like this work...oh we will just donate some money and we're all good right? So now I'm up at 1 am writing emails to County supervisors.

In response to a question about conserving a Civil War-era earthworks on the property, Ward said the company did not plan to do that, but has had conversations with a couple of representatives from area historical societies. He said the company is trying to figure out what to do about mitigating the historical loss, including making a monetary donation, for example.

http://villagenewsonline.com/2019/06/11/carvana-explains-plans-for-woods-edge-road-site/

I agree that the company's attitude.....or maybe it's just their manager.....is infuriating. Could they not preserve at least some of the works. I think that plus any design changes required would be a far better use of money than a "donation". It would also show that they are willing to take people's concerns seriously.

There is nothing Carvana sells I would want. Who would even want to buy a car online, they have never inspected or have driven. I see the tower thing they have in Nashville many times. Just a gimmick.

Back