ENDED Progressive returning reenactor looking for Union Ohio regiment for local events (NE Ohio area)

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhioBlue16

Private
Hello again,
While I am looking for my rifle I am also looking for a local (NE Ohio) area Union group to fall in with for events like Hale Farm, Zoar, Mespo, Burton etc. I am also part of a campaigner group that does national campaigner events but I am looking to do some local events this coming summer to get my feet wet again and would prefer to have a group I can familiarize myself with and fall in with for those events. I also have a friend piecing together his union kit and would be joining me. I have several inquiries out with a couple units in the "army of the ohio" reenactor group that seems large here but i havent gotten a response from any of those units and a lot of the webpages and facebooks havent had posts on them in 2+ years so Im not sure how active that group is these days. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome from South Florida and the Reenactors Forum. Which campaigner events are you planning on? Maybe we'll run into each other. Not too familiar with the Ohio area but there are several folks on here from that way so you should get some help. I'm in New England in the summer if you ever want to venture east a bit.

Welcome from South Florida and the Reenactors Forum. Which campaigner events are you planning on? Maybe we'll run into each other. Not too familiar with the Ohio area but there are several folks on here from that way so you should get some help. I'm in New England in the summer if you ever want to venture east a bit.

Thank you! Currently I am registered for Rosecrans' Pursuit for next year, though If I can get the funds, gear and time off I would like to do Die Neuner or last letter home as well. Im not sure what my group is planning on towards for 2022 Events yet but I have been keeping my eye on Garfield's Ascent as well.

Thank you! Currently I am registered for Rosecrans' Pursuit for next year, though If I can get the funds, gear and time off I would like to do Die Neuner or last letter home as well. Im not sure what my group is planning on towards for 2022 Events yet but I have been keeping my eye on Garfield's Ascent as well.
Cool, I'm registered for Rosecran's as well, going to be a good one. I'll be in grey for that one.

Any interest in Artillary? You might investigate the !st Ohio Light Artillary, the “State House Guns”..my son belongs and we are in NE Ohio as well.

Have you contacted the 19th Ohio reenactment group?

According to their website they had a schedule of events in 2019 in the areas you mention. I see nothing scheduled for 2020, but then it is 2020. the site does not mention 2020, Covid-19 or any such comments that I can find. I have seen them a a couple of northeast Ohio events. I would think they would be glad to have two new recruits.

I researched and wrote a history of the 19th Ohio called Dixie Odyssey, however, I am not associated with the 19th Ohio reenactors.

Good luck, I hope you get t find a group for your new interest.

Any interest in Artillary? You might investigate the !st Ohio Light Artillary, the “State House Guns”..my son belongs and we are in NE Ohio as well.
I'd certainly be interested in trying artillery (great excuse to get a new jacket!) but I really would prefer infantry to start out with. I believe the 1st OLA is in the Army of the Ohio reenactor group I mentioned above? Would you or your son know of any of the infantry groups that would be looking for 2 new people in the area? Thank you

Have you contacted the 19th Ohio reenactment group?

According to their website they had a schedule of events in 2019 in the areas you mention. I see nothing scheduled for 2020, but then it is 2020. the site does not mention 2020, Covid-19 or any such comments that I can find. I have seen them a a couple of northeast Ohio events. I would think they would be glad to have two new recruits.

I researched and wrote a history of the 19th Ohio called Dixie Odyssey, however, I am not associated with the 19th Ohio reenactors.

Good luck, I hope you get t find a group for your new interest.
I have not. I will reach out to them and see. Thank you! I'd also be interested in picking up your book. I have quite the civil war book addiction to keep sated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back