Posts of headstones

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
In an effort to be helpful I am posting a few headstones of CSA persons that are buried in the Cross Keys cemetery in central Virginia. If you know of anyone looking for information on any of these tell them I would be happy to send them the photo file. Has anyone ever recommended a site here where headstones etc. could be posted for reference, and help for those researching?

DSC_4260.jpg

DSC_4261.jpg

DSC_4262.jpg

DSC_4263.jpg

Very cool! :smile:

Have you used Find A Grave before? It's user-edited, so I have found mistakes in it, but it's the first resource I think of when it comes to tombstones.

https://www.findagrave.com/
Yes I have. I just posted these just in case someone may be looking for a photo of a relatives headstone not available elsewhere. Just a thought.

I really need to create an account there. Gotta fix what someone did to my great-granny's entry. They have her birthdate wrong. :frown:

It's free and without any obligation to join. You can then send a suggested edit to the manager of the memorial (FindAGrave's term) and hope that they fix it. Another option is to request the memorial be transferred to you (under FindAGrave rules the creator is required to do so). If they don't you can send an email to [email protected] (include the URL to the memorial) stating your relationship and they will do it. Once it's yours you can edit it any way you see fit.

Back