Miniatures Share Your Non-Civil War Miniatures Here!

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
This Thread is here specifically as a place to post any photos of Non-Civil War Miniatures, either your work, or your photos of amazing work you think is worthy of showing off to others!

Please don't post Non-Civil War Miniatures photos anywhere but this thread!

Please don't post any Civil War Era Miniatures in this thread! If you see that someone has mistakenly done this, please report it and we will probably move it out and turn it into it's own thread so it can be featured on the forum and shared properly!

Thanks!

Waterloo50 made me this medieval castle .. well he was making it for himself until I claimed it :bounce: View attachment 331921View attachment 331922
Those cobblestones might be kind of hard for riding his motorcycle on.
Is the castle based on a historic one?
It looks to me as though it might be based on this one:
Image (6) 1964 crop125.jpg

Those cobblestones might be kind of hard for riding his motorcycle on.
Is the castle based on a historic one?
It’s a Czechoslovak 1:72 kit so it’s probably based on one of the castles in Prague, I think it’s loosely based on Rabi castle. To be honest it’s not a great kit, if Steph hadn’t of claimed it for herself, I would have put in more detail but I had to hand it over because she wants to create a Game of Thrones diorama with snow and ice.
I’m thinking of building another castle but next time I’ll combine two kits, I wouldn’t mind building a castle set during the 12th century crusades. There are some great 1:72 crusader knight kits out there along with some great Saracen warriors.

It’s a Czechoslovak 1:72 kit so it’s probably based on one of the castles in Prague, I think it’s loosely based on Rabi castle. To be honest it’s not a great kit, if Steph hadn’t of claimed it for herself, I would have put in more detail but I had to hand it over because she wants to create a Game of Thrones diorama with snow and ice.
I’m thinking of building another castle but next time I’ll combine two kits, I wouldn’t mind building a castle set during the 12th century crusades. There are some great 1:72 crusader knight kits out there along with some great Saracen warriors.
If she is doing snow and ice I'd recommend Kathy Millit's YouTube channel . Lots of information for doing that .

I did, and it is, but your work with a brush is as good as anything I've seen in competition.
Thanks for the kind words . I've been doing it a long time so practice helps. I had a period where I didn't do much painting , but then I started using acrylics and got interested again .

Thanks for the kind words . I've been doing it a long time so practice helps. I had a period where I didn't do much painting , but then I started using acrylics and got interested again .
What do you do with your figures when you're done? do you keep them, give them away, or sell them? You must have quite the collection by now!
My son and his girlfriend will be visiting next week so I've been busy trying to finish some projects on my old house, but once his visit is over I will pick a brush up again. Well, I have been painting a lot, but mostly walls and trim so that doesn't count. Out of all the figures I've painted, I only have just a few. I either sold them, traded them, or gave them away. I was going through some boxes yesterday and found a box of unpainted figures I had forgotten about, so now I have no excuses.

Seriously, you should enter a few of your best into the Chicago show, (October), or Atlanta, (February?). I think your painting is that good. I've been thinking about going to the Atlanta show, to get inspiration, and get out of Missouri in the Winter, if nothing else.

Since there have been some new threads on Custer recently , I thought I'd post the Andrea 90mm figure as he appeared at Little Big Horn.

View attachment 333338

View attachment 333339
''as he appeared at Little Big Horn''??????????
No! There's not one arrow in him!!!!!

Seriously, You do good work! But then, I've come to expect no less from you!

Since there have been some new threads on Custer recently , I thought I'd post the Andrea 90mm figure as he appeared at Little Big Horn.
''as he appeared at Little Big Horn''??????????
No! There's not one arrow in him!!!!!
As he appeared "near" LBH .
Of course you're kidding, but when Custer's naked corpse was discovered semi-propped up against another, eyewitnesses said there were only two small bullet holes in it, one in the chest near the heart and another through the temple indicating that he *may* have shot himself. That's an excellent depiction of Custer at LBH by the way!

Of course you're kidding, but when Custer's naked corpse was discovered semi-propped up against another, eyewitnesses said there were only two small bullet holes in it, one in the chest near the heart and another through the temple indicating that he *may* have shot himself. That's an excellent depiction of Custer at LBH by the way!

One of the books I have about the Bighorn fight is from the Indian's point of view and in it, the warrior stated that Custer was leading the charge into the village at the Medicine Tail Coulee in support of Reno's attack on the village from the south, and Custer was shot in the chest while crossing the stream. The attack stalled because of this and the troopers withdrew to the hills. This wounding of Custer would explain why he didn't support reno's attack better.
And at Last Stand Hill, when it was apparent that all was lost, Custer, or someone else could have shot Custer in the head, which would indicate that Custer was still living, but incapacitated from his earlier wound.

It's a very interesting battle to study, and I've been there twice, and both time I think, "what a lonely place to die."

Back