Miniatures Share Your Non-Civil War Miniatures Here!

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
This Thread is here specifically as a place to post any photos of Non-Civil War Miniatures, either your work, or your photos of amazing work you think is worthy of showing off to others!

Please don't post Non-Civil War Miniatures photos anywhere but this thread!

Please don't post any Civil War Era Miniatures in this thread! If you see that someone has mistakenly done this, please report it and we will probably move it out and turn it into it's own thread so it can be featured on the forum and shared properly!

Thanks!

Normally, the more you pay for a figure, the better it's casting and detail. Then if it's a painted figure, you have to add that cost to the item.
Have you ever though of painting your own figures?

You might want to give a look at this site; Michigan Toy Soldier. I think under their link below, they offer painted figures. Under the heading, "Resin Plastic," they offer painted Perry Brother figures. They are only 28 mm, but the figure itself is of good casting for it's size, and they look to be decently painted.
My hands are way to shaky for that. I have difficulty doing trim around a door. LOL I am related to JEB Stuart so I would like to get a good one of him. Getting ready to look now to see what I can find.

Here are some more Northeast Woodlands Huron warriors for you:
View attachment 330311
I was a 2nd unit extra in the George Washington mini-series with Barry Bostwick, Lloyd Bridges and James Mason, being a soldier in the Virginia militia under Washington. Took part in the filming of the ambush of General Braddock's venture into the Ohio territory. The Indians that were against us were mostly army soldiers from Ft. Belvoir (where this sequence was filmed) that volunteered to be part of everything. HA!!! the joke was on them, as most of the barely clad "natives" got terrible cases of poison ivy and oak crawling and sneaking around in the woods......Bostwick and Bridges were great to film with, very friendly guys. James Mason was a little offish, he sat by himself in between takes and breaks in the filming. The make-up artists did great work on the Indians as did the costume designers...........they looked very much like the ones shown in your pic........

I was a 2nd unit extra in the George Washington mini-series with Barry Bostwick, Lloyd Bridges and James Mason, being a soldier in the Virginia militia under Washington. Took part in the filming of the ambush of General Braddock's venture into the Ohio territory. The Indians that were against us were mostly army soldiers from Ft. Belvoir (where this sequence was filmed) that volunteered to be part of everything. HA!!! the joke was on them, as most of the barely clad "natives" got terrible cases of poison ivy and oak crawling and sneaking around in the woods......Bostwick and Bridges were great to film with, very friendly guys. James Mason was a little offish, he sat by himself in between takes and breaks in the filming. The make-up artists did great work on the Indians as did the costume designers...........they looked very much like the ones shown in your pic........
The "Indians" in Last of the Mohicans were. They had been recruited from all over the U.S. so most weren't necessarily members of Eastern Woodlands tribes, and I seriously doubt many were full-bloods, but they looked the part, especially after hair, makeup and costumes got through. Of course that's Cherokee actor Wes Studi who plays the Huron baddie Magua in the foreground; here's another shot I took of him "disguised" as a Mohawk:

Wes Studi as Magua.JPG

I am already looking. I guess this one could be used for gaming if I ever decided to try that. I need to learn a little more about how that works. Sounds like fun though.
Regarding gaming, there are two types. One---I'm not familiar with.
Typically, wargammers want to fight large battles so they use 15mm or 25mm figures. They are mounted on boards to form brigades and divisions. This allows them to move their units into different formations and positions as well as remove pieces to take casualty count.

Then there is another type of wargaming which use larger figures that represent individual combatants. This seems to work in science fiction games and western shoot-outs. These figures used for this are smaller or larger than 54mm and mounted on individual stands.
My FB friend is painting and mounting figures for this type of wargaming. This one appears to be smaller than 54mm.

Figure.JPG

Great thread !

Although I'm not a "collector," I do have more than a few miniatures.
Most are in storage (original boxes included) and I rotate the figures throughought the year.

Although it's not the St. Petersburg collection, I've been impressed with many of the King & Country products.
Currently I have their Lord Nelson on my desk.

He's wearing his working Admiral's uniform, while on shore.

View attachment 328893

It's a great little representation of Nelson.

I only wish his eye patch was not "turned up".
Just a heads up, it’s Trafalgar day here in Britain. 21st October 1805.

The "Indians" in Last of the Mohicans were. They had been recruited from all over the U.S. so most weren't necessarily members of Eastern Woodlands tribes, and I seriously doubt many were full-bloods, but they looked the part, especially after hair, makeup and costumes got through. Of course that's Cherokee actor Wes Studi who plays the Huron baddie Magua in the foreground; here's another shot I took of him "disguised" as a Mohawk:

View attachment 330574
I'm working on a Magua bust at the moment .

Wes Studi is/ has always been one of my favs...…..He was a vet of the Tet offensive in 1968. He made for a better Geronimo also. He once said "after I saw a blue-eyed Chuck Connors (the Rifleman) portray that great chief," I had a different take on motion pictures and decided to be part of a more realistic portrayal. He was fantastic in "Mohicans."

My hands are way to shaky for that. I have difficulty doing trim around a door. LOL I am related to JEB Stuart so I would like to get a good one of him. Getting ready to look now to see what I can find.

Here ya go, VA Dave, two different figures of J.E.B. Stuart from the same company.
and

I know nothing about the company, "The Collector's Showcase" but they do have a nice website, with nice pictures of their offerings. Their figures look to be well made, cover a huge historical period, and also seem to be painted well. I like the "action" their figures show. Also, the company looks to have a series of local dealers, so maybe there is a dealer close to you. Whenever I spend my money on whatever, I like to be able to see the product in person.

Their websites' home page: it's worth a look: https://thecollectorsshowcase.com/

Both of those figures of Stuart are horrendous......and way over priced, they otta get tossed back into the casting pot

Here ya go, VA Dave, two different figures of J.E.B. Stuart from the same company.
and

I know nothing about the company, "The Collector's Showcase" but they do have a nice website, with nice pictures of their offerings. Their figures look to be well made, cover a huge historical period, and also seem to be painted well. I like the "action" their figures show. Also, the company looks to have a series of local dealers, so maybe there is a dealer close to you. Whenever I spend my money on whatever, I like to be able to see the product in person.

Their websites' home page: it's worth a look: https://thecollectorsshowcase.com/
Thank you for the link. Getting ready to take a look and make sure my wife isn't watching. LOL

Back