2014 Photo Contest Ponytails Fly Civil War Reenactment 2011

Attachments

• 1697.JPG
    1697.JPG
    315.5 KB · Views: 291
Nic pic. Horse looks to be gaited. Smoother ride then what I am used to.
Just a guess but I think it's a Missouri Fox Trotter. I have one that looks almost exactly like the one in the picture above (you can probably guess what his name is :smile:). They are excellent pleasure horses however I use mine to work cattle too and he fits right in and a lot smoother ride than the Quarter Horses I have.

Just a guess but I think it's a Missouri Fox Trotter. I have one that looks almost exactly like the one in the picture above (you can probably guess what his name is :smile:). They are excellent pleasure horses however I use mine to work cattle too and he fits right in and a lot smoother ride than the Quarter Horses I have.
I know nothing about horses but I have to say this was one of the most beautiful horses I have ever seen and the pictures pale in comparison to the actual magnificence of this animal! The rider was equally distinguished in my opinion. They were both a great addition to an amazing reenactment that afternoon. It was hot, hot, hot that day so "hats off" to everyone who performed!

Great horses. I imagine with that smooth gait your trotter is much more comfortable especially if your are spending alot of hours in the saddle like cattle work. The big drafts I have had possessed no suspension felt like my filings were going to come out during a trot and canter. Gallop they did smooth out somewhat.

Ms. Connie,
Just wondering. What is your impression without any Weapons (Sidearms, Sabre). No disrespect. Courier to relay a message?
Not Mr connie,but as near as I can tell,she has sidearms,over on her left side.Can barely see the pistol and holster and the saber sheath can be seen below the horses belly.

500 Views for this little lady! Thank you everyone for taking a look and for all your comments :smile: Connie

Back