Restricted Poll on removal of Confederate Monuments,Memorials, and Statues

Should all Confederate Monuments, Memorials, and Statues be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • No

Votes: 81 97.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

W. Richardson

Captain
Cast your vote.

CW Crossed Flags.jpg

Respectfully,
William

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Man, I like it with the 2 options.

View attachment 73731
Respectfully,
William

And this is the problem with Confederate Heritage in a nutshell or in a forum poll.

"My way, or no way."

And by doing such, you never, ever, really find out the truth or dig deep enough to find out what folks really think on a topic.

Until that time.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

Last edited:

Lost Cause

2nd Lieutenant
Only if the argument is "all or nothing." That precludes discussion.
It achieves nothing to reduce the issue to a "black or white" choice.
The politicians and media continue to make it a "black or white" choice by fanning the flames of hatred and divisiveness. There is no accountability for them. Instead, of blaming the people who commit violent acts, particular objects or political philosophies (old or new)come under attack. In the end, the most important message is lost. All lives should matter.

Mild53

First Sergeant
Sorry William I can’t help you here. As I have said elsewere, if Southern Heritage folks keep fighting the battle they way they have always fought it, they will lose the battle for public opinion.

Your question implys it is all or nothing. For example, I have never been a fan of Nathan Forrest, so seeing his statue go would be fine by me. I would never vote to keep or remove all...

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Honored Fallen Comrade
Only if the argument is "all or nothing." That precludes discussion.
It achieves nothing to reduce the issue to a "black or white" choice.

When it get to the point that there are demands for the removal of the Confederate images from Stone Mountain it has gone beyond all or nothing to all my way.

John Hartwell

Major
Forum Host
The politicians and media continue to make it a "black or white" choice by fanning the flames of hatred and divisiveness. There is no accountability for them. Instead, of blaming the people who commit violent acts, particular objects or political philosophies (old or new)come under attack. In the end, the most important message is lost. All lives should matter.
When it get to the point that there are demands for the removal of the Confederate images from Stone Mountain it has gone beyond all or nothing to all my way.
So, it all comes down to the extremists confronting the extremists? And, all reason is lost.

The poll was about removing all monuments, memorials, etc. A childishly simplistic approach to a very complex problem.

If you accept that (simplistic) approach, you are setting yourselves up to lose.

[Note: one word added to last sentence by edit]

Last edited:

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Honored Fallen Comrade
So, it all comes down to the extremists confronting the extremists? And, all reason is lost.

The poll was about removing all monuments, memorials, etc. A childishly simplistic approach to a very complex problem.

If you accept that approach, you are setting yourselves up to lose.
? :unsure:

diane

Retired User
Sorry, CSA Today! I got dibs on Mt Rushmore if some crazy Lakota doesn't beat me to it...:laugh: That isn't going to happen any more than Stone Mountain being found in rubble one sun-shiny morning!

Well, I can't do the poll because, like all of life, it isn't about yes or no, black or white. There's all shades in between and, anyway, the only place I've ever seen total black and white is a classic Star Trek "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" where two half-faced men are trying to kill each other when they're the only ones left of their planet.

Lost Cause

2nd Lieutenant

If you accept that (simplistic) approach, you are setting yourselves up to lose.

[Note: one word added to last sentence by edit]
Your missing the point. It's not about the poll. What will removing the Dukes of Hazard from TV due to reduce racial tensions? Hypothetically, what impact would removing the Confederate mound at Camp Douglas due to reduce Chicago violence? Why is that continued violence not being as confronted with the media?