POLL: List of Battles/Campaigns YOU Want to See as Filters

Which Battle(s) Do You Want to See as Filters in The Eastern Theater?

• Total voters

bschulte

Sergeant
Hi everyone. I spoke with the admins about maybe getting us a list of Filters across the top by battle/campaign, similar to what you see in South & Western Theaters (civilwartalk.com). This would allow us to be able to use those names in our posts so people can filter down to a specific battle or campaign. I was asked to set up this thread to vote on names you would like to see in the Filters list. Vote for all that interest you. I added Other for battles I've missed. Vote other and mention your battle/campaign in a separate reply.

bschulte

Sergeant
I voted and for other I would like to see a filter for the 1864 Shenandoah Valley Campaign.
I knew I'd forget an important one! And I'm kind of embarrassed because of how closely it was tied to the Petersburg-Richmond Campaign.

EDIT: I added that option as a specific choice, and made it campaigns to cover all of Sigel's Campaign, Hunter's Campaign, Early's Campaign, and finally Sheridan's Campaign.

Jamieva

Captain
Forum Host
Brett this is a great idea because this forum does cover all 4 years of the war and a lot of battles. This can help people scan through and find topics that all relate to 1 specific battle or campaign!

gentlemanrob

Brigadier General
Forum Host
I voted other because I would like to see something west of the Mississippi. Its great to cover Eastern but I feel those guys out west don't get much coverage

jackt62

Captain
I see that the Petersburg "Siege" campaign got the most votes. I too, voted for that one; it was a long, and critical campaign but it seems to be the one that is hardest to get good information or discussion about.

bschulte

Sergeant
I voted other because I would like to see something west of the Mississippi. Its great to cover Eastern but I feel those guys out west don't get much coverage
Rob, this poll is for this "Eastern Theater" sub-forum only. You can create a poll in the Trans-Mississippi sub-section and do the exact same thing we did here for that sub-forum. They've already done this in the South and West sub-forum.

Dave DuBrucq

Corporal
I votes Petersburg, Overland and 1864 Shenandoah as well as Post Gettysburg, However all of these selections would be interesting. I also like the idea of including lesser known engagements, such as Farmington, TN, Vaught's Hill and similar small but sharp fights.

bschulte

Sergeant
How about southeast... haha

I was just going by how CivilWarTalk sub-divides all of the various theaters. I'm pretty sure I've seen Bentonville posts in the Osuthern and Western sub-forum before. I know how things get divided can definitely be argued over, and it can be a fun exercise.

Jamieva

Captain
Forum Host
Since it was fought with the "western" armies, Bentonville doesn't go in this forum. We're focused on Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.