Plum Lake forming at Gettysburg?

infomanpa

1st Lieutenant
During my many visits to the battlefield, I never noticed how swollen Plum Run has become in front of Little Round Top. Is it usually this way and I haven't noticed?
At one point it looks like it has been dammed up by twigs. It hasn't rained there for at least 4 days and it has not been a rainy season.

I wonder what the state of Plum Run was during the battle. Do we have any accounts?
20210405_124823.jpg

20210405_112237.jpg

Yup, that’s a beaver dam and beaver lodge. Although I didn’t see one today, I did catch sight of a beaver swimming there a couple weeks ago. This has happened before, and the NPS removed the beavers to a more suitable place. I would assume that’ll happen here eventually.

Yup, that’s a beaver dam and beaver lodge. Although I didn’t see one today, I did catch sight of a beaver swimming there a couple weeks ago. This has happened before, and the NPS removed the beavers to a more suitable place. I would assume that’ll happen here eventually.
Yeah...don't those beavers know that camping on the battlefield is illegal? :tongue:

Back