Please nominate 3-5 threads from the Session and Politics for our "Forum Highlight Award"

jgoodguy

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
I am looking for 3-5 threads from Session and Politics which are examples of the best in breed of our threads; the most informative threads on any subject in the Secession and Politics forum by 1/15/2017. Then I will set a poll for Secession and Politics participants to vote on if more than 5.

I will appreciate this a lot. Otherwise, I will have to pick them myself. The winning thread will be honored by our site with a "Forum Highlight Award ". On Feb 8 2018, Ami will set a poll for the winner.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Sorry - I try to avoid historical politics in the same manner and no doubt for the same reasons that contemporary politics are banned in the forums, so rarely read much less contribute to any of the threads!

luinrina

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
I'd love to read more in this forum but the interesting threads always explode with posts when I go to bed. Next time I look there's pages of new posts to read and I simply don't have the time in the morning to read it all. When I come home in the evening and want to read then, there's more new pages and I simply give up. I just can't keep up with you guys! :laugh:

jgoodguy

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
Last last call for suggestions for our "Forum Highlight Award"
Nominations are In order of submission.
Please let me know of errors, omissions or additions. We will vote in the following days. Thanks for all your help!

I am adding
Black Confederate Count 1083 posts • 37627 views as the highest example of a thread that investigated a controversial subject and found real data, instead of playing rhetorical badminton.
and
Black Southerners and the Confederate Cause--What the newspapers said: 1861-1865 2799 posts • 116096 views as another data-driven thread and perhaps the longest continuous updated thread in Secession and Politics.

1. Traders or Traitors: Northern Cotton Trading During the Civil War
  2. Period Appropriateness of the Term "Lost Cause"
  3. Federal Coercion and National Constitutional Identity 1776-1861
  4. A peaceable abolition
  5. Did "the Founders" Really Believe That Slavery Would Wither Away?
  6. The Changing Interpretation of the Civil War
  7. Was Slavery Dying in 1860?
  8. The Slave States Seceded to Protect Slavery--The Rest is Baloney
  9. For White Southerners Who Fought for the Union, Was It Technically for the South Anyway?
  10. Black Confederate Count
  11. Black Southerners and the Confederate Cause--What the newspapers
FYI @ami

Cavalry Charger

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
These all look like great threads for the nomination of 'Forum Highlight', and the best part is it means that now we have a selection of the best to choose from! With so many threads in so many forums, this is a great way to highlight a few in order for folks to get a taste of a particular forum. Great idea, and hope to find the time to peruse some these very soon :smile:

O' Be Joyful

Sergeant Major
Use-ta be: Zinn-zä-nätti o-HI-o The BIG city.
I really don't read all the Threads in this forum, because of the seemingly endless, and monotonous bickering...
You pegged us, The Battling Bickersons of CWT. But it is, mostly :whistling:, good-natured and it is the forum where I personally have learned the most about the war, it causes and its ever lasting effects. And the sources that are demanded and, in most cases willing provided...oh my. Others may differ, but I consider Secession & Politics The Queen of the CWT game board, so to speak.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)