Please Help

You're in a great spot to find artifacts. My opinion is that you are well north of the Orange Plank Road in no-man's-land between where the flank attack picked up on May 3 as the rebels pushed east. Then the united rebel army pushed north against the Federals who were trying to escape across the Rapidan. In both cases, your place was in the line of fire.

that's really good information. I will have to examine it closer to get an idea.

You have a minie ball on the left. The right one is a bit strange as it seems to have a very small hollowed out area at the bottom. It must be some sort of bullet I'm not sure what it is. Don't touch them with your bare hands, and don't lick your fingers if you do.
This made me laugh. All I could think of was the double dog dare in the movie "Christmas Story", but I know why you said it, because of the lead, right?

Now you tell me!!! Ive been chewin on em for like 2 days.
You're kidding, right?

You're going to find all kinds of krap on your land. Much of it will be just detritus. Some of it won't be. Not being a collector, I value almost none of it, but someone does. Discard nothing. You probably won't get rich on what you find, but you might be sitting on a free vacation or two.

Of course im kidding. You know how much dirt and germs are on those!?!

Do you have access to a metal detector?

And welcome to the forum. There are so many knowledgeable people here, you'll learn a lot. And I bet many of us wished they lived on a battlefield.

rgds
Booner

I do own one. That's how I find my stuff. Im really glad i signed up. the people here are pretty great.

Back