Uniforms Please Help Identify this Civil War Style Coat

Sea Scallop

Private
Looking for help identifying this CW coat. I can just barely see piping on the lower left arm.
cwd1.jpg
cwd2.jpg

Looking for help identifying this CW coat. I can just barely see piping on the lower left arm.View attachment 341099View attachment 341100

Looks like a Federal enlisted frock coat to me. The collar and trim around the collar and in general is a bit different from the standard, but I think this an indication of the coat being a privately contracted one, or most likely privately tailored. It could conceivably be some unique militia variant, but I doubt it. I hope this helps.

Also thank you for the shout out and confidence @Ole Miss.

Looks like a Federal enlisted frock coat to me. The collar and trim around the collar and in general is a bit different from the standard, but I think this an indication of the coat being a privately contracted one, or most likely privately tailored. It could conceivably be some unique militia variant, but I doubt it. I hope this helps.

Also thank you for the shout out and confidence @Ole Miss.
Thank you)

Looking for help identifying this CW coat. I can just barely see piping on the lower left arm.View attachment 341099View attachment 341100
Appears to be a regulation frock coat, if you blow the photograph up, you can barely see the cording on the collar, it is rare to see a private purchase frock with such a high collar. I would also speculate that this may be early war, as the soldier has yet to have the collar lowered for comfort. There is not enough detail to tell conclusively, functional cuffs would be a great indicator, but I am reasonably sure that this is a standard reg frock.

Appears to be a regulation frock coat, if you blow the photograph up, you can barely see the cording on the collar, it is rare to see a private purchase frock with such a high collar. I would also speculate that this may be early war, as the soldier has yet to have the collar lowered for comfort. There is not enough detail to tell conclusively, functional cuffs would be a great indicator, but I am reasonably sure that this is a standard reg frock.

Great analysis of the image.

Back