Breechldrs Pics of my Sharps & Hankins

lawer dagget

Private
Hello again: I had plans to wait and put the sleeve back on after test firing. But found S&S just shipped the bullets yesterday. Placed the order over a week ago. So I was bored and put it all back together for the pics. The sleeve as I had mentioned before. I'm sure was redone some time ago. Nice job and has held up well, but a little short on the front sight area. All works great, matching #'s, rear sight adjusment lock came loose after a week of soaking. Locks in all tangs for adjustment. I'm sure not needed, but just the same. Nice to have everything working. Chamber has been cast and barrel slugged. It is a 54 cal and takes the straight wall 56-56 case. I'm using the Dixie brass set up for the rim-fire. Complimented with the 22 short CB with powder removed and trimmed to length. Rifling is great, just has pitting that was sad to discover but expected. I have the safety slide but the screw is roached and looking for a replacement. All in all, since it is my first Civil War era gun. I'm pretty happy with it even though they were one of the odd ducks. It's history and that always makes it awesome.

S & H pics 001.JPG

S & H pics 002.JPG

S & H pics 003.JPG

S & H pics 004.JPG

S & H pics 005.JPG

S & H pics 007.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 004.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 006.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 009.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 011.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 013.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 014.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 017.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 020.JPG

S&H serial #'s for folder 007.JPG

Very Nice. Its not really to bad, here is my original and it pretty close and I'm sure you can fudge it up closer.
DSCN0111-001.JPG

Nice carbine and photos.

The original leather wrap did come all the way forward and also had a very small "anchor" inspection cartouche near the breech end. These are almost always worn off from handling. This one was varnished long ago.

20191014_125958_001_resized (2).jpg

20191014_130032_resized (2).jpg

It resides in my "Federal For Sale" pile..

Back