Pickett's Charge: A New Look at Gettysburg’s Final Attack by Phillip Thomas Tucker, Ph.D.

Pickett's Charge: A New Look at Gettysburg’s Final Attack by Phillip Thomas Tucker, Ph.D.

Hawkeye Brehm

Sergeant
Wow...

Had I known all this at the time, I wouldn't have wasted my money on Tucker's book back in 2016... I never read it, had no intention to after reading the "defamatory" thread; but man, this is ridiculous...

Wow.

19thGeorgia

1st Lieutenant
"Blacks in Gray Uniforms"
Amazon blurb: This ground-breaking book takes an insightful and close "New Look" at one of the most fascinating subjects of the Civil War

Does it have anything insightful or new? I'm doubtful...

nitrofd

Retired User
He should be advised that comments on any thread are posted by individuals and it is their opinion...HAS HE NEVER HEARD OF THE 1st.ADMENDMENT.I WOULD TELL HIM TO P... Off.

Lusty Murfax

Sergeant
I have a couple of his books. They do appear to be very well researched, organized, etc. However, my beef is with his writing style as it is a bit repetitive and somewhat boring. I can't help but wonder why we need another book on Pickett's Charge. Is there anything new/previously undiscovered?

rpkennedy

Lt. Colonel
Member of the Year
I have a couple of his books. They do appear to be very well researched, organized, etc. However, my beef is with his writing style as it is a bit repetitive and somewhat boring. I can't help but wonder why we need another book on Pickett's Charge. Is there anything new/previously undiscovered?

I question the research that leads to the conclusion that Stuart was supposed to attack the rear of Cemetery Ridge. That's the realm of fiction.

Ryan

Beltplate53

Corporal
He is not the only one that has "floated that theory ". I have read it in print from other authors, though they throw it out as speculation without any primary source proof. Then why even write it?