Forrest Photos of Forrest from around the internet

nyarb60

Private
220px-Nathan_B._Forrest_-_LOCc.jpg

Forrest monument.jpg

Tyler Whetstone, [email protected] 1:57 p.m. CT July 22, 2015 | Updated 4:10 p.m. CT July 22, 2015
Savannah could soon be getting a new statue to add to its Civil War collection.

The statue would be of controversial Civil War general Nathan Bedford Forrest, and would arrive from Memphis.

Savannah Mayor Bob Shutt sent Memphis Mayor A C Wharton a letter on July 14 requesting the statue, saying Savanah, which sits just outside of Shiloh National Military Park, would accept the payments for the move.

The Memphis City Council has made national headlines in the past two weeks because of their upcoming vote to remove the statue along with the graves of Forrest and his wife, which sit underneath the statue, from a Memphis city park.

My favorite of Forrest is the colorized version.

As far as the removal of the statue goes, I wonder at what stage this process is currently?

If Forrest and Mary Ann are buried underneath it, what will then happen to their remains?

I hope they are treated with respect.

What a sin. It's shameful what has happened in our country. In Jacksonville a few years ago the city commission
renamed Nathan Bedford Forrest high school to Westside High School. Two weeks ago a black boy was shot and killed
on his way to the bus stop for that high school. Does changing the name of the school's in Jacksonville, change anything?
I think not.

At least they haven't changed Robert E. Lee High School's name, not yet anyway.
high-lee-23.jpg

Back