Photos from CWT's Wayne Jackson

Glorybound

Major
Retired Moderator
Honored Fallen Comrade
...(PG)...

NOTE: If you don't think you will have the time or patience (or both)...
to read this intro-info...then just go on down to the link.

The magazine..."The Atlantic"...recently ran a 3-part series of Civil War photographs. Some of the photos have been seen before -- but, have been re-mastered -- and their images are amazingly more focused and clear. In addition... there are many photos that were taken from the U.S. Congress Archives...and, have never been seen by many of us before.

Once you open the link (below)... it will have the home page for "The Atlantic" magazine. As you scroll down.. you will see Part 1 (which has 48 remarkable photos of people, places & things during the Civil War era).

Once you have finished viewing Part 1... go back up to the top and, within the written paragraph... click-on the link that says "tomorrow's installment." This will bring up Part 2 of the photos. They are equally amazing (dealing primarily with the people of that time).

NOTE: Parts 1 and 2 are FREE to access and enjoy. However... I could not find a link to the third part of the series that The Atlantic mentions. Hopefully... I will find a way to gain access to Part 3 of the photos (obviously, without having to subscribe to The Atlantic magazine). When (and if) I do, I will certainly pass it on to you all as well.

In the meantime... take a long, serious look at the first photographs that document what was the first major (and tragic) threat to the successful continuation of the United States of America (which was still an experiment in "free government")...that was only about 85 years old at that time !!!

Click here: The Civil War, Part 1: The Places - In Focus - The Atlantic

Thank you for posting these new links...very enjoyable and many new views of previous pictures.

M. E. Wolf

Back