Photo

Cdv

20210825_181821.jpg

20210825_181758.jpg

The easy part is the stamp. It's a revenue stamp from 1862.

But the uniform! Rather untidy. I haven't any knowledge of military uniforms--but it looks like an advert that I found for a federal officer's shell jacket--except the addition of that embroidered (?) looping on the sleeve. According to the advertisement, the jacket seems to have been worn by officers (junior officers=single breasted, senior officers=double breasted): https://www.ccsutlery.com/store/union-officer-shell-jackets.html

This photographer Stahn was from Baltimore 16/2 65 Feb 16 1865 ?
Yes, the written descriptions all agree with you. I'd missed that.

What about a Union Cavalry Enlisted man's shell jacket?
View attachment 412039
I found on the Horse Soldier site a Federal 11button signalman jacket and they state that a Federal cavalry man jacket was similar . What throws me off a little is the buttons look too large. And the stitching / piping looking suave like . The trim looks yellow to me.

I found on the Horse Soldier site a Federal 11button signalman jacket and they state that a Federal cavalry man jacket was similar . What throws me off a little is the buttons look too large. And the stitching / piping looking suave like . The trim looks yellow to me.

Found this by accident . Confederate Blue. 11 larger buttons. Photogapher in Maryland.. What do you think ?

20210825_223353.jpg

20210825_222113.jpg

Back